eBay idiot sellers

Found 21st Jul
Am I the only one who now finds eBay to be a pain in the *****? Just recently I've bought a few things, screw cups , Venetian blind , tepe toothbrushes etc.
the Venetian blind had the brackets missing and broken valance, supposedly new. The screw cups were supposed to be all the same and came as different sizes and colours lol and the tepe brushes sent the wrong size
Is it me or are eBay sellers generally thick??

I'm getting very disappointed about buying from eBay any more and when I left negative feedback for the blind , eBay removed it because the seller appealed. What message is this sending to buyers??? IE the sellers can sell rubbish and eBay covers their *****
What a world we now live in. I shall start buying things now from proper shops because most sellers on eBay are either thick, ignorant or do not speak or understand the queen's English!!!!
Has anyone else had problems with eBay?
Rant over , lesson learnt.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Yep. I’ve stopped using it. Would rather pay a few pence more to buy it through amazon. Many good sellers have left eBay leaving only rubbish ones, too many scam buyers and sellers
Mostly fine for me. Have the occasional problem but generally buying at the lowest possible price possible makes it all worth while.
I wouldn't say thick, more dishonest and would screw somebody over for a little cash with no remorse.
Some people send me hand written notes wishing me well and hope I enjoy the item. Others send me messages on eBay when the item has been posted and some general niceties.

guess it depends what you buy.
I have used ebay for years and never had a real problem. My feedback is 1444 100%.
I think it depends on how cheap you go. There are some bargains out there but normally if something is a lot cheaper than the rest then you're going to have an issue. Other half just bought a microfibre beach towel that turned out to be a polyester table cloth, maybe lost in translation but I doubt it would function as a dish towel.
Whenever I buy things I compare the price on eBay and amazon. 80% of the time eBay is cheaper and I will buy from there (especially if they've a cashback offer).
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 21st Jul
Make sure you read there rating 100% only for me , been ripped off over the years , and also, don’t bother with the overseas selling thing what a load of crap, they appeal, eBay believes them= you lose money!!
Nothing like the early days
Selling is royal PITA - it's like playing avoid the scammer.
Buying is just as bad lately too. Late goods, never turn up or damaged.

Stick to Amazon is my thoughts.
I got sent something broken, and seller was a complete git and refused to refund (the package even said broken on it, so someone had obviously already sent it back to them) so I left negative feedback, when I got my money back through PayPal eBay took the negative review away
I've had 3 things I've bought very recently and all 3 have been refunded. That's ok in itself but the time it's took to sort out is unbelievable.
niconelove2 h, 37 m ago

I got sent something broken, and seller was a complete git and refused to …I got sent something broken, and seller was a complete git and refused to refund (the package even said broken on it, so someone had obviously already sent it back to them) so I left negative feedback, when I got my money back through PayPal eBay took the negative review away

Sounds like eBay don't want anything bad said about them.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants