Groups

eBay - Increase Maximum bid

Hi, I am newbie on eBay. Just trying to understand the maximum bid.

Someone placed a first bid of £10 on this item which started from £3.

I came across and placed MAX bid of £15 therefore I am the winning (£10.50).

I've been thinking I could increase my MAX bid to £25.

What would happen to the current bid price? Would it go up to £11 or £15 or stay as £10.50?

cheers

11 Comments

It will stay at £10.50

will stay at £10.50 until the next person puts in another bid

Its means that you will always be the highest bidder until someone bids more than your max bid amount.

Banned

it wont move till someone else bids, i never do this as if no one else bids the seller will know you have entered a higher bid and could shill bid for a few extra quid, or whatever they call it

sassie

it wont move till someone else bids, i never do this as if no one else … it wont move till someone else bids, i never do this as if no one else bids the seller will know you have entered a higher bid and could shill bid for a few extra quid, or whatever they call it

i thought that the seller doesnt know...

Banned

emhaslam

i thought that the seller doesnt know...

the seller will see that person was the last bidder and has put in another bid, unless they have changed it, cant see how much but used to show the bidder, i know the name doesnt show as some of it is starred out but its not hard to see its the same seller by letters left and feedback numbers same

Original Poster

Thank you everyone! Another question... the seller can see it's the same bidder, right? Can he see how much the last bid (increase) is? Also can he asl for the max bid to sell the item or the final bid is what a pay independently of the max. bid? Cheers

Otto.uk

Thank you everyone! Another question... the seller can see it's the same … Thank you everyone! Another question... the seller can see it's the same bidder, right? Can he see how much the last bid (increase) is? Also can he asl for the max bid to sell the item or the final bid is what a pay independently of the max. bid? Cheers

The seller doesn't know how much the bids are for no.

Banned

Otto.uk

Thank you everyone! Another question... the seller can see it's the same … Thank you everyone! Another question... the seller can see it's the same bidder, right? Can he see how much the last bid (increase) is? Also can he asl for the max bid to sell the item or the final bid is what a pay independently of the max. bid? Cheers

no he cant see, but can shill bid, then retract bid so yours is the highest bidder

Original Poster

sassie

no he cant see, but can shill bid, then retract bid so yours is the … no he cant see, but can shill bid, then retract bid so yours is the highest bidder

ins't that illegal?

Banned

Otto.uk

ins't that illegal?

arent many things, doesnt stop it happening
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      2. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748

See more discussions