Ebay is getting worse :)

I was selling some Twilight Zone DVDs and received this email from ebay:

"Unfortunately, we had to remove your item because the way it was listed breaches our policy:

You have stated the item is as new .

To make it easy for buyers to find what they're looking for, sellers need to make sure their titles and item descriptions accurately describe what they're selling. "

What's wrong with saying the DVDs were "as new" if I only watched them once from new? I also used the words "Used - viewed once" too. Seems the folk at eBay do not understand English too well.

13 Comments

Banned

its not the folk at ebay, its the folk who buy.

they then complain to ebay and send items and cause neg feedback which then youd moan to ebay about and the circle ensues.

just say used next time and save yaself the hassle :-)

The problem is when you put as new in the title when people search "new dvd" then yours also comes up,It just makes searching easier if people put exactly what something is in the title,

ebay really **** me off lately.. they charge soo much ...then get you on paypal and do not ever give the seller any rights. Wish google would create a marketplace to take on their greedy monopoly.

I got this too when I listed an item 'as new' Becomes more and more strange at times! No wonder a lot of people avoid them now!

They've had this policy for years. Nothing new about it

I take it "as New" means it is as you purchased it, ie still in its cellophane wrapper.

Why didn't you just say it was used but viewed only once and in excellent condition, thats also (by the sound of it) a good description of your product and one that would not have been rejected.

The problem is, is that I search on the word "New" in the box and your advert would have come up, especially if I was looking for a genuine "New" product that I wanted to give as a present. The phrase "As New" muddys the waters and seems to be an attempt to get it recognised in the same league as a new item, which its not.

I never use the phrase "As New" for that reason when i'm selling items on ebay.

Gun

eBay don't monitor the items for sale, they rely on people to report items they think break the rules.. you've just been done by someone who has nothing better to do with their time than report things.. I guess they get a kick out of it

Captain Hook;5478901

eBay don't monitor the items for sale, they rely on people to report … eBay don't monitor the items for sale, they rely on people to report items they think break the rules.. you've just been done by someone who has nothing better to do with their time than report things.. I guess they get a kick out of it

+1 I had that happen to me as well.

starsparkle2311;5479001

sorry:oops: couldn't resist it:p

You do know that temptation is driven by desire....u do know that SS....:p

as above, its been ebay policy for a while not to allow "as new" description, its either new or used, no in between, you could put "twilight dvd's - watched once" or similar,

people used to list all their items as new when they were used, so they could get higher in the search rankings

You should of listed as used then in the description describe it as nearly new.

electriclinux;5479145

You should of listed as used then in the description describe it as … You should of listed as used then in the description describe it as nearly new.

And some nobber would have still reported it and had it removed. It's a bit like the stalkers on this forums FS/FT section:whistling:

Shengis;5478814

They've had this policy for years. Nothing new about it

yea i was gonna say
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764216
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
    3. What do these 2 men have in common1013
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions