ebay issue (again)

Found 11th Oct 2017
right so I ordered a fitbit replacement strap on ebay in black last night. the seller contacted me today saying the one they were going to send me is damaged so will i accept another color (it'll all ******** they clearly don't have black in stock. it's still listed as being in stock, which if it was EVEN if the one they were going to send me was damaged why wouldn't they just send me another!. At current i'm using a colored strap as bought it second hand & it came with that color but I want black. So of course i reply to the seller saying NO i will not accept another color & ask them to cancel the transaction & initiate a refund.
so far they have not done this. I thought there was an option on paypal for me to "request refund" but i can't see such option. On ebay the only option seems to be "i havent received my item" & as delivery is stated at approx 7 days, ebay wont let me do anything until after that time (and knowing from past issues) when that comes i'll have to wait another few weeks to try & resolve it directly with the seller.
I can't cancel the transaction as the buyer apparently.
It just seems pointless for me to have to wait what's likely to take 3 weeks at least until i can open a case to get a reund for an item when I know now i wont recieve it.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Just ask for refund and buy from another seller. A normal contact us form should do rather than opening a case.
haa05189 m ago

Just ask for refund and buy from another seller. A normal contact us form …Just ask for refund and buy from another seller. A normal contact us form should do rather than opening a case.

i have asked the seller for a refund. I can't contact ebay until AFTER the 16th as that's the due delivery date & as I said even then they will only tell me to contact the seller.

where is the contact us form that lets me actually contact them directly so I can explain the situation
little_green3 m ago

i have asked the seller for a refund. I can't contact ebay until AFTER the …i have asked the seller for a refund. I can't contact ebay until AFTER the 16th as that's the due delivery date & as I said even then they will only tell me to contact the seller. where is the contact us form that lets me actually contact them directly so I can explain the situation

You can only open a dispute after the delivery date. Before that its best to get in touch with the seller.

Click the sellers name and you should see on that page Contact Seller tab. continue from there.
another way is to go to the order, within the drop down you should see Contact Seller

images attached for your help

haa051834 m ago

You can only open a dispute after the delivery date. Before that its best …You can only open a dispute after the delivery date. Before that its best to get in touch with the seller. Click the sellers name and you should see on that page Contact Seller tab. continue from there.another way is to go to the order, within the drop down you should see Contact Seller images attached for your help [Image] [Image]

Sorry but it's like you didnt read the original post. I have already contacted the seller asking them to cancel the transaction and initiate a refund but they have no replied
Looks like you have to wait.. but hope you take screen shots of their reply and asking
to change the colour etc.. Makes it easier to get a refund later.
deleted265520
OP there is nothing to do other than wait until you can open a case.

You shouldn't also get hostile towards people who are trying to help.

Try opening a case directly through PayPal not eBay. I remember that used to work and was a way around waiting for the eBay option. They may have nerfed that though if they recognise it as an eBay transaction.
You'd get a better response posting in the correct section....ask.
DT8911th Oct 2017

OP there is nothing to do other than wait until you can open a case.You …OP there is nothing to do other than wait until you can open a case.You shouldn't also get hostile towards people who are trying to help.Try opening a case directly through PayPal not eBay. I remember that used to work and was a way around waiting for the eBay option. They may have nerfed that though if they recognise it as an eBay transaction.

If you have a dispute with goods already received it's much better to keep the dispute with eBay rather than Paypal. If eBay or Paypal ward the dispute in your favour the returning of goods is much better via eBay with the emphasis being on the seller to arrange collection rather than you the buyer having to return the goos if Paypal award in your favour.
You would have been able to send a cancellation request within an hour after purchasing. Seller still would have had to accept it anyway.

What you can do is either hope the seller refunds you of their own or wait until you can open a dispute.
Yes, first they will give the seller a few days to get back to you. If they don't reply or don't give you what you want then you will be able to escalate and get eBay to take a decision. You'd get a refund for sure; it's just a matter of being patient with the lengthy process.
Edited by: "hearts22" 12th Oct 2017
DT8911th Oct 2017

OP there is nothing to do other than wait until you can open a case.You …OP there is nothing to do other than wait until you can open a case.You shouldn't also get hostile towards people who are trying to help.Try opening a case directly through PayPal not eBay. I remember that used to work and was a way around waiting for the eBay option. They may have nerfed that though if they recognise it as an eBay transaction.

I don't think OP was being hostile. OP didn't offend anyone.
Sometimes it's frustrating when you explain things and someone replies without clearly having read properly.
Edited by: "hearts22" 12th Oct 2017
Takes under 10 seconds for the seller to refund you.

32238940-TnaTW.jpg
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 12th Oct 2017
RiverDragon85 h, 23 m ago

Takes under 10 seconds for the seller to refund you. [Image]

Only if the seller decides to do it.

I'm with the @little_green , it seems only one or two seem to have read his/her OP.

LG, all you can do is contact them again and ask them to cancel the transaction - they will be reluctant as they should do it for 'out of stock' reason and that will give them a defect. It is easier on them if they ignore you until you can open an INR (item not received) and then they refund then. It's a PITA for you though when they do this.

At best you can hope they do cancel, at worse you have to INR and then leave them negative feedback and mention the item isn't in stock. Either way they lose the transaction fee on the Paypal payment. Not much consolation I know.

Good luck and let us know what happens.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants