Ebay item damaged - need some advice

Found 7th May 2010
I bought some tyres from Ebay, one of which was not road legal and the other a different make from what was described. I've contacted the seller who has agreed to arrange for collection and refund for the item, luckily. I'm wondering though, if I need any evidence of returning the tyres or damage to the tyres in case the seller gets them back and then claims there is no issue.

Thanks

4 Comments

How did you pay

Take photos and open a dispute in ebay for item significantly not as described. Is the seller arranging a courier to collect them - if he is make sure you get a tracking number from the guy who collects them. If the seller is collecting them himself ask him for cash on collection that way you will be covered. You will not be covered if you don't get a tracking number.

Original Poster

That's great, thanks for the advice. I paid via Paypal so hopefully will be covered that way as well. Going to take photos and obtain tracking number prior to sending the tyres back, the guy seems quite reasonable actually; perhaps a bit too reasonable!

Banned

Another eBay tyre problem on the site. Don't think I'll ever buy a tyre from there myself.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cannot upgrade to iOS 11.0.323
    2. Mobile phone advice710
    3. Christmas presents715
    4. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?24

See more discussions