Found 14th Mar 2011
I am thinking of buying a pushchair from ebay which is available for collection only. It is not possible for me to collect personnaly as it is more than 300 miles from where I live. Can anyone suggest a courier (cheap and reliable) that can collect and deliver to me?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

You need to make sure with the buyer that they are willing to do this before commiting to buy.

Original Poster

greg_68

You need to make sure with the buyer that they are willing to do this … You need to make sure with the buyer that they are willing to do this before commiting to buy.

What could be the catch? I mean if I make the payment to the seller through paypal, how does it matter to him whether I collect it or some courier? The only thing I can think of is that we have to agree on a collection date?

nomeames

What could be the catch? I mean if I make the payment to the seller … What could be the catch? I mean if I make the payment to the seller through paypal, how does it matter to him whether I collect it or some courier? The only thing I can think of is that we have to agree on a collection date?

The seller has got to put themselves out in order to maybe package it, be there for the pick up and sort out the paperwork etc, all I was suggesting was don't just assume the seller will be happy with this without prior arrangement. I know I'd be unhappy at putting pick up only to find out my buyer has no intention of picking it up.

Original Poster

greg_68

The seller has got to put themselves out in order to maybe package it, be … The seller has got to put themselves out in order to maybe package it, be there for the pick up and sort out the paperwork etc, all I was suggesting was don't just assume the seller will be happy with this without prior arrangement. I know I'd be unhappy at putting pick up only to find out my buyer has no intention of picking it up.

Thanks!!! Got it!

You are right. Packaging could be an issue as most courier won't accept something that is not packed properly.

greg_68

The seller has got to put themselves out in order to maybe package it, be … The seller has got to put themselves out in order to maybe package it, be there for the pick up and sort out the paperwork etc, all I was suggesting was don't just assume the seller will be happy with this without prior arrangement. I know I'd be unhappy at putting pick up only to find out my buyer has no intention of picking it up.

Yes exactly and also not everyone is in during the day when a courier would usually want to pick up. Most buyers collect in the evening or at weekends.

Not sure what would happen in this case if you are not happy with the item, or if it gets damaged/lost in transit.

As its your courier, would it be up to you to make a claim if lost or damaged?
Seller may or may not be helpful if its you that has to make the claim.
Edited by: "Acx" 14th Mar 2011

Hi
i use parcel monkey and have been good, sold two prams. But buyer will need to package and measure size and weigh it to see what to pay. you can insure with them on top to make sure it covers any damage or loss. They collect one day and deliver the next. They use city link and i have used them about 6 times in the past few months with no hassle. W
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Analogue's Super Nt SNES Wants to Do What Nintendon't23
    2. word association Game74244852
    3. Add one, leave one game54315379
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322803

See more discussions