Ebay item Lost in post, Can i claim back fees?

I sent an item in the post and it was lost, so ive had to refund the buyerr.
Can i get the fees from Ebay back? and if so how?

18 Comments

Banned

i wouldnt have thought so

you of course got proof of postage when you sent it, therefore you can claim RM for the postage fees

you DID get proof didnt you?

Original Poster

aye i did, always do :P
and i didnt mean the postage fees, i meant the fees from ebay for the listing and sale.

Banned

Royal Mail then

not eBays problem

Original Poster

Okie, Ta.

Jetpac;5619850

Okie, Ta.

can't you somehow do a mutual retraction of sale with the buyer, and give the reason it was lost in the post, this should then give your ebay fees back

if you have gone through ebay / paypal with item - you should get your fees back

refund from paypal - you get your fees returned

then on ebay put in an amicable cancelled item (seller has to respond to this) you should get your fees back

edited

as fwibble says

Its not your problem the item went missing no way would i refund.
As a minimum i would always get proof of posting.
On any auction i also would offer normal, recorded and registered the the buyer has the option of choosing the level of cover.

Again [COLOR=Red]NO WAY WOULD I HAVE REFUNDED.[/COLOR]

the seller would have had No choice but to refund, once paypal get involved your helpless, unless you can prove it was delivered

Banned

you dont claim money back from ebay for a lost item, they didnt send it. You claim from Royal Mail. they are responsible for sending the item.
x

Banned

timber;5619992

Its not your problem the item went missing no way would i refund.As a … Its not your problem the item went missing no way would i refund.As a minimum i would always get proof of posting.On any auction i also would offer normal, recorded and registered the the buyer has the option of choosing the level of cover.Again [COLOR=Red]NO WAY WOULD I HAVE REFUNDED.[/COLOR]

nice
if you buy a tv from a shop and the courier loses it would you accept it if they told you, tough, im not refunding you?

Original Poster

timber;5619992

Its not your problem the item went missing no way would i refund.As a … Its not your problem the item went missing no way would i refund.As a minimum i would always get proof of posting.On any auction i also would offer normal, recorded and registered the the buyer has the option of choosing the level of cover.Again [COLOR=Red]NO WAY WOULD I HAVE REFUNDED.[/COLOR]

I am a responsible seller, let me know your ebay id so i can never buy from you.
the seller is responsible for all postage, REGARDLESS of whatever way it is sent. You have to make sure the postage costs can cover whatever you send.

it was sent international so it cannot be signed for without large costs.
Paypal would have forced a refund and id rather not have to go to that length and have that against my record,

How do a mutual retraction of sale?

fwib,tinks + holly have some rep

How do a mutual retraction of sale?

when you do refund on paypal - it automatically kicks it back to ebay as a non paid item

click on non payment and drop down - says something like - seller and buyer mutually agree

let the buyer know what you are doing - he has got his refund so hopefully wont mind clicking ot agree to cancel -

good luck

timber;5619992

Lol i think you have just destroyed any hope of someone buying anything from you here
MASSIVE FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5620352

Go through the dispute consol in pp, but tell the buyer to tick the … Go through the dispute consol in pp, but tell the buyer to tick the agree, and what you are doing it for, to refund them and your fees so they don't get funny.Well done you, I love ebay threads it always shows the good sellers, you can buy in confidence from here on the fs/t.

Thanks

Original Poster

Ok im being dumb i cant find where to do it tinks.
I have refunded the money but i am lost with doing a mutual withdrawal!

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5620458

Will pm you a link.

Ahhh
thanks tink.

EDIT: Got it working. Thanks all!

just a query now that ebay as implemented mandatory free postage on dvds and other items, how can you add recorded delivery when your not allowed to do this? how can sellers be protected if they cant add protection like recorded ? or have i got it wrong

what if u just want to add recorded signed for into your costs, and the buyer wants special delivery surely it be better to have the option to choose what people want, also yourself, think ebay havent really thought this one out but thats ebay for u
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Tv choice magazine Issue 391414
    2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64522
    3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1133
    4. Win A Galaxy Note 8 With Caseology & AndroidHeadlines *** ENDS TODAY ***22

See more discussions