Groups

Ebay Item removed for copyright after is sold?

I have recently sold a nintendo 2ds, and today got an email that the listing was removed due to copyright infringement. I have already been paid through paypal and shipped the item off. What happens now? Will I have to refund? Should I get my item back?

14 Comments

Hi, it could have been the way your advert was worded rather than the item itself. But your best ringing eBay direct.

0800 358 6552

This happened to me years ago, also after I had sold and posted, nothing came of it, it was just like a regular sale. But to settle your mind contact eBay

Why was my auction terminated?

A: Most likely, your auction was removed because it offered for sale a circumvention device or a product that violates Nintendo's copyrights and/or trademarks. Nintendo regularly monitors the Internet, including auction sites, in order to protect consumers from unknowingly purchasing a fake Nintendo product and to protect its copyrights and/or trademarks. As part of that effort, Nintendo will notify ebay of auction listings containing unauthorized uses of Nintendo copyrighted content or trademarks and ebay will take the necessary action to comply with its user policies, which include removing the auction from the website.

Original Poster

0135rachy

This happened to me years ago, also after I had sold and posted, nothing … This happened to me years ago, also after I had sold and posted, nothing came of it, it was just like a regular sale. But to settle your mind contact eBay

So if I do nothing now will I not have to give a refund or anything, and am able to carry on as normal.

zhavybez

So if I do nothing now will I not have to give a refund or anything, and … So if I do nothing now will I not have to give a refund or anything, and am able to carry on as normal.

Just make sure you don't use any copyrighted pics etc in future listings for any manufacturers that are in the VERO programme.

About Vero

In cooperation with rights owners, eBay works to develop and enforce policies and procedures for protecting intellectual property.

eBay was one the first companies to adopt an online process enabling rights owner to report infringements.

That Programme, called Verified Rights Owner (VeRO), now counts among its participants over 10,000 companies and individuals representing every type of intellectual property - from major software companies to video game developers to rock bands to luxury good manufacturers.
    Edited by: "Domthedonkey" 16th Dec 2016

Original Poster

deb8z

Just make sure you don't use any copyrighted pics etc in future listings … Just make sure you don't use any copyrighted pics etc in future listings for any manufacturers that are in the VERO programme.

I will make sure I dont violate anything in the future, but I wanted to know if anything could go against me as a result of this as in, losing my item if I am forced to give a refund etc.

zhavybez

I will make sure I dont violate anything in the future, but I wanted to … I will make sure I dont violate anything in the future, but I wanted to know if anything could go against me as a result of this as in, losing my item if I am forced to give a refund etc.

It should be fine,but as suggested contact Ebay for clarification if you're concerned.

Original Poster

deb8z

It should be fine,but as suggested contact Ebay for clarification if … It should be fine,but as suggested contact Ebay for clarification if you're concerned.

I'm not going to contact them incase some other problem or whatever pops. The buyer has paid and received the item (tracking shows this) so unless anything else happens I'll leave it at that.

zhavybez

I'm not going to contact them incase some other problem or whatever pops. … I'm not going to contact them incase some other problem or whatever pops. The buyer has paid and received the item (tracking shows this) so unless anything else happens I'll leave it at that.

I agree with you,it may open up a can of worms.

Quite often it's to do with the image. If you put a picture on that you found from the web, then it can be taken down. I'd just leave it since everything seems fine as you said. If the buyer needs to raise a claim [broken item, false sale, etc] then he may have more problems than you do in trying to open the item back up again.

Had this happen a couple of times, but I was the buyer in the situation. usually when trying to cheap out on getting the missus some makeup. No longer buy makeup on eBay, its a minefield..

The emails on buyer side look like this:

The listing you're interested in is no longer available

Hello xxxxxxxxxxx,
    We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won:
    181907511924 - Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner Duo - Black & Sepia Ink + brush! *UK Seller*

Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Centre. You can learn how to do this, plus find timelines for opening cases, at:

pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml

Problem is that it can spur the buyer into opening a case.

I was the buyer when this happened and the listing disappeared last year. Was worried but
    received the item.

Original Poster

Vanderlust

Had this happen a couple of times, but I was the buyer in the situation. … Had this happen a couple of times, but I was the buyer in the situation. usually when trying to cheap out on getting the missus some makeup. No longer buy makeup on eBay, its a minefield..The emails on buyer side look like this:The listing you're interested in is no longer availableHello xxxxxxxxxxx,We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won:181907511924 - Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner Duo - Black & Sepia Ink + brush! *UK Seller* Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Centre. You can learn how to do this, plus find timelines for opening cases, at:http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.htmlProblem is that it can spur the buyer into opening a case.

Thanks, I was wondering what it looked like, but I should be ok I have confirmed directly with the buyer that hes received the item and that he said its fine and also gotten proof of delivery online from royal mail.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844466
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?816
      3. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers911
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826353

See more discussions