EBay item sold

Found 13th Jun
Hi I sold my ps vita and was in immaculate condition like new not a scratch or anything worked amazing only sold because I don't use it, any how the buyer has messaged me saying it's slow lagging ) when I know for a fact it's really fast just wonder your opinions could he be trying to scam me? I replied saying charge the vita fully and make sure your hands are clean , he has yet to reply back yet
Community Updates
Ask
39 Comments
You sold it to yourself to scam yourself? Is that some bizarre PayPal procedure test?
This is why I don't sell on eBay anymore, use sphock instead, so easy to list your items and you can show your buyer what they are buying and they give you cash so no comeback. The only thing with sphock is people will ask if you will take PayPal and post, just politely refuse and wait for a local buyer, one will soon enough buy from you, sold on sphock now for 18 months and not one problem, eBay is to much in the buyers favour and many people take advantage of this.
What they have done is bought your vita hoping it was a hackable firmware(older) and when they have found out it's not they have decided to try and return it. There is no way except for a faulty memory card for a vita to run slow. as far as I am aware and I have the same vita still working since launch.
emodan29 m ago

What they have done is bought your vita hoping it was a hackable …What they have done is bought your vita hoping it was a hackable firmware(older) and when they have found out it's not they have decided to try and return it. There is no way except for a faulty memory card for a vita to run slow. as far as I am aware and I have the same vita still working since launch.

This is exactly what they are doing.

Buyers are abusing the system and blaming the item as faulty. 2 items I sold recently, the buyers have tried to be sent back to me.

Both under faulty goods when they aren't. I argued one case and won against the buyer. He refused to reply and didn't escalate it any further.

The 2nd I accepted returns but as the item wasnt faulty convinced the buyer to cover my postage fees as he made the mistake (he bank transfers me roughly £10 so I wasn't out of pocket).

Ask the buyer to reformat the ps vita if he fears its running slow. Also ask them to provide video evidence off where it's laggy. YouTube and share in the eBay message system.

Some will stop replying and you have no issue.
kos1c50 m ago

This is exactly what they are doing. Buyers are abusing the system and …This is exactly what they are doing. Buyers are abusing the system and blaming the item as faulty. 2 items I sold recently, the buyers have tried to be sent back to me. Both under faulty goods when they aren't. I argued one case and won against the buyer. He refused to reply and didn't escalate it any further. The 2nd I accepted returns but as the item wasnt faulty convinced the buyer to cover my postage fees as he made the mistake (he bank transfers me roughly £10 so I wasn't out of pocket). Ask the buyer to reformat the ps vita if he fears its running slow. Also ask them to provide video evidence off where it's laggy. YouTube and share in the eBay message system. Some will stop replying and you have no issue.

Thanks for advice hopefully the buyer won't message me back if so I will ask for video evidence ,didn't think of that .EBay does need to change its policy I agree completely
emodan1 h, 21 m ago

What they have done is bought your vita hoping it was a hackable …What they have done is bought your vita hoping it was a hackable firmware(older) and when they have found out it's not they have decided to try and return it. There is no way except for a faulty memory card for a vita to run slow. as far as I am aware and I have the same vita still working since launch.

Never saw it like that your most likely right
Edited by: "Splice" 13th Jun
Splice13th Jun

Thanks for advice hopefully the buyer won't message me back if so I will …Thanks for advice hopefully the buyer won't message me back if so I will ask for video evidence ,didn't think of that .EBay does need to change its policy I agree completely

Has the buyer opened a case against you?
If he hasn't then don't worry too much about it.

This was the first issue I had. Buyer inboxed me claiming item was damaged 30+ days after buying the item (skateboarding trucks), I claimed my evidence on my repair job, showed proof of tools I used, etc. He didn't reply. I then reported him as a scam artist, as I knew he was trying it on.

2nd guy was a long few days of back and forth but he showed the evidence of YouTube video, photos etc. So I was more willing to help.
Was a graphics card he couldn't get to work, he claimed faulty. I accepted returns and it was working, eBay advised me to refund and move on.
Buyer felt bad and paid my postage and return fees as eBay will not pay this.
It's a hassle but That's why when I sell on eBay I take video footage of everything recently sold a switch and took around 5 videos of it responding to every button and playing games better safe than sorry
brumzfinest3 h, 30 m ago

It's a hassle but That's why when I sell on eBay I take video footage of …It's a hassle but That's why when I sell on eBay I take video footage of everything recently sold a switch and took around 5 videos of it responding to every button and playing games better safe than sorry

That won't make a difference. Even if you film it all the way to the post office, eBay will probably still side with the buyer
kos1c11 h, 49 m ago

Has the buyer opened a case against you? If he hasn't then don't worry too …Has the buyer opened a case against you? If he hasn't then don't worry too much about it. This was the first issue I had. Buyer inboxed me claiming item was damaged 30+ days after buying the item (skateboarding trucks), I claimed my evidence on my repair job, showed proof of tools I used, etc. He didn't reply. I then reported him as a scam artist, as I knew he was trying it on. 2nd guy was a long few days of back and forth but he showed the evidence of YouTube video, photos etc. So I was more willing to help. Was a graphics card he couldn't get to work, he claimed faulty. I accepted returns and it was working, eBay advised me to refund and move on. Buyer felt bad and paid my postage and return fees as eBay will not pay this.

The buyer has not opened a case so far and not replied back, so I'm hopeing all is ok
SOUTHWALES15 h, 46 m ago

This is why I don't sell on eBay anymore, use sphock instead, so easy to …This is why I don't sell on eBay anymore, use sphock instead, so easy to list your items and you can show your buyer what they are buying and they give you cash so no comeback. The only thing with sphock is people will ask if you will take PayPal and post, just politely refuse and wait for a local buyer, one will soon enough buy from you, sold on sphock now for 18 months and not one problem, eBay is to much in the buyers favour and many people take advantage of this.

Shpock is okay however the target audience is much reduced so you will invariably get less for your goods. Even with the potential hassle it is more worthwhile to use ebay, just take precautions such as recorded delivery etc. I've had items languishing on Shpock and FB etc that have sold very quickly for twice as much on the bay. I would never sell phones on ebay however, that's where the pro scammers pounce
deleted79467
re SHPOck loads of chancers who turn up and then try to haggle price down avoid imo
Splice14th Jun

The buyer has not opened a case so far and not replied back, so I'm …The buyer has not opened a case so far and not replied back, so I'm hopeing all is ok

It's unlikely they will. But there is a small chance of course.

It's a crap tactic they use when they change their mind. Hoping they can return. But it's normal folks who are out of pocket for postage.
kos1c5 h, 32 m ago

It's unlikely they will. But there is a small chance of course. It's a …It's unlikely they will. But there is a small chance of course. It's a crap tactic they use when they change their mind. Hoping they can return. But it's normal folks who are out of pocket for postage.

True fingers crossed for positive feedback and not try to scam me
Splice14th Jun

True fingers crossed for positive feedback and not try to scam me

Someone's always gone a try it. If you keep your guard up, they usually move on.

If ya hear nothing this week. Look at it as case closed.
kos1c14th Jun

Someone's always gone a try it. If you keep your guard up, they usually … Someone's always gone a try it. If you keep your guard up, they usually move on. If ya hear nothing this week. Look at it as case closed.

Ffs he opened a case just now saying wants a return reason: item is lagging not working properly. I know for a fact he lying if i accept return he will send me a broken ps vita that's what I'm guessing and nothing I can do about it. All I done is messaged him saying I know for a fact that vita works with no problems if you are trying to scam be I will phone the police
Edited by: "Splice" 16th Jun
Splice16th Jun

Ffs he opened a case just now saying wants a return reason: item is …Ffs he opened a case just now saying wants a return reason: item is lagging not working properly. I know for a fact he lying if i accept return he will send me a broken ps vita that's what I'm guessing and nothing I can do about it. All I done is messaged him saying I know for a fact that vita works with no problems if you are trying to scam be I will phone the police

Just accept the return, otherwise he will escalate to a claim and PayPal will take the money straight from you. You will probably get nothing useful back, but that's the risk of selling on eBay unfortunately

eBay will always side with the buyer in cases like this.
Edited by: "jamie015" 16th Jun
Splice16th Jun

Ffs he opened a case just now saying wants a return reason: item is …Ffs he opened a case just now saying wants a return reason: item is lagging not working properly. I know for a fact he lying if i accept return he will send me a broken ps vita that's what I'm guessing and nothing I can do about it. All I done is messaged him saying I know for a fact that vita works with no problems if you are trying to scam be I will phone the police

With the open case, ask for proof the item is laggy. Something like a video recording.

The police won't get involved as it's a civil matter. You can call eBay and ask them for advise but be careful as they gave me conflicting information on the times I rang.

If the case goes to eBay it will be won in the buyers favour.
kos1c8 m ago

With the open case, ask for proof the item is laggy. Something like a …With the open case, ask for proof the item is laggy. Something like a video recording.The police won't get involved as it's a civil matter. You can call eBay and ask them for advise but be careful as they gave me conflicting information on the times I rang. If the case goes to eBay it will be won in the buyers favour.

That's a good call, but the buyer might decide they can't be bothered to do the video and just escalate it to a claim. If OP does request this, I'd recommend stressing that once the video is provided, they will accept the return without any problems. Either way, OP will not win so accepting a return is the best option.
jamie01510 m ago

That's a good call, but the buyer might decide they can't be bothered to …That's a good call, but the buyer might decide they can't be bothered to do the video and just escalate it to a claim. If OP does request this, I'd recommend stressing that once the video is provided, they will accept the return without any problems. Either way, OP will not win so accepting a return is the best option.

Only way to win a case like this is to ask for evidence and then if the buyer refuses or doesn't. Let it get escalated to eBay for investigation. If your demands are reasonable they may not side with the buyer. (Not guaranteed).

Other option is to ask the buyer to return as their expense and then you will check the item over. If it is indeed faulty you'll refund their return postage as well as the cost of the item.
Edited by: "kos1c" 16th Jun
jamie01520 m ago

Just accept the return, otherwise he will escalate to a claim and PayPal …Just accept the return, otherwise he will escalate to a claim and PayPal will take the money straight from you. You will probably get nothing useful back, but that's the risk of selling on eBay unfortunately eBay will always side with the buyer in cases like this.

kos1c4 m ago

Only way to win a case like this is to ask for evidence and then if the …Only way to win a case like this is to ask for evidence and then if the buyer refuses or doesn't. Let it get escalated to eBay for investigation. If your demands are reasonable they may not side with the buyer. (Not guaranteed). Other option is to ask the buyer to return as their expense and then you will check the item over. If it is indeed faulty you'll refund their return postage as well as the cost of the item.

I asked him to provide photos and if possible a video to show the so called lag , waiting for a response now. After I think I will just accept the return no other choice what do I do if it's not the same vita?
Splice16th Jun

I asked him to provide photos and if possible a video to show the so …I asked him to provide photos and if possible a video to show the so called lag , waiting for a response now. After I think I will just accept the return no other choice what do I do if it's not the same vita?

Do you have proof in the auction that it's this model with a certain serial number? If not, then unfortunately you will have a hard time proving it isn't the same unit.

eBay is a difficult place to sell on. Start using things like sphock and considering payment via banks if you're willing to ship.
tell him you have a friend called 'Big John' who lives locally to him and will pop round to check whilst he's out walking his Pitbulls
kos1c23 m ago

Do you have proof in the auction that it's this model with a certain …Do you have proof in the auction that it's this model with a certain serial number? If not, then unfortunately you will have a hard time proving it isn't the same unit. eBay is a difficult place to sell on. Start using things like sphock and considering payment via banks if you're willing to ship.

Not specifically I tried zooming in on the photos i took but can't readck the serial I'm fuck ed if it is a scam but just gotta hope for the best yeah will definitely try sphock in the future he send me loads of photos it looks like the vita I sent so just gonna accept if I'm scammed I'll just try contact eBay doubt it will help
Edited by: "Splice" 16th Jun
cainer18 m ago

tell him you have a friend called 'Big John' who lives locally to him and …tell him you have a friend called 'Big John' who lives locally to him and will pop round to check whilst he's out walking his Pitbulls

LMAO
Splice16th Jun

LMAO

I already told him if your scamming me or it's not my vita I'm coming to your address. Just to scare him
Splice16th Jun

I already told him if your scamming me or it's not my vita I'm coming to …I already told him if your scamming me or it's not my vita I'm coming to your address. Just to scare him

Say you will pick up at his house and inspect - if it is faulty then you will refund (don't actually though). However, problem is that eBay might see this (and the previous comment about you saying you will visit him if he doesn't send the right Vita back) and the buyer might say you are being threatening to them. This gives them dirt against you.

Maybe try and look for dirt on the buyer - have they done any similar scams on other sellers? Might convince eBay to side with you if they have done something similar before.

Or you could get some real dirt on them, and blackmail them until they drop the case (I don't endorse this though lol).
jamie01515 m ago

Say you will pick up at his house and inspect - if it is faulty then you …Say you will pick up at his house and inspect - if it is faulty then you will refund (don't actually though). However, problem is that eBay might see this (and the previous comment about you saying you will visit him if he doesn't send the right Vita back) and the buyer might say you are being threatening to them. This gives them dirt against you.Maybe try and look for dirt on the buyer - have they done any similar scams on other sellers? Might convince eBay to side with you if they have done something similar before.Or you could get some real dirt on them, and blackmail them until they drop the case (I don't endorse this though lol).

As you pointed out threatening behaviour takes this from a civil matter and something he could actually report you to the police for.

Your best course of action is wait for their reply and try not to panick. As above someone mentioned they are probably trying to return the vita because it isn't on a hackable firmware.

So you'll most likely get your vita back in the condition you sent it out, with added smudge marks. But this will just be something you list again or go to another platform to sell it on.

It's the same with a thread I opened recently. About a graphics card, buyer claimed it was faulty when he just had incompatible parts. I accepted the refund (I would've taken a loss postage and a eBay rep said the same thing. If I ignored the case they would side with the buyer. So I had to accept returns and pay for it too!).

The eBay rep couldn't be clear if I could get my postage fees back if I prove the item wasnt faulty. So I laid this on the buyer and convinced him to pay my postage costs (both to him and return).

Either wait for eBay to step in and let them side with the buyer.
Or accept returns now, pay the postage and inspect the item when it arrives.

If it arrives back in a working condition. Contact the buyer and explain its all working fine and you are now ringing eBay.
Ring eBay right away and report the buyer for breach of buyers safety guidelines as he has abused the system for a free return.
Then block the buyer, relist and move on.

He'll get a strike or if he has done this before. Have his account banned.
kos1c12 m ago

As you pointed out threatening behaviour takes this from a civil matter …As you pointed out threatening behaviour takes this from a civil matter and something he could actually report you to the police for. Your best course of action is wait for their reply and try not to panick. As above someone mentioned they are probably trying to return the vita because it isn't on a hackable firmware. So you'll most likely get your vita back in the condition you sent it out, with added smudge marks. But this will just be something you list again or go to another platform to sell it on. It's the same with a thread I opened recently. About a graphics card, buyer claimed it was faulty when he just had incompatible parts. I accepted the refund (I would've taken a loss postage and a eBay rep said the same thing. If I ignored the case they would side with the buyer. So I had to accept returns and pay for it too!). The eBay rep couldn't be clear if I could get my postage fees back if I prove the item wasnt faulty. So I laid this on the buyer and convinced him to pay my postage costs (both to him and return). Either wait for eBay to step in and let them side with the buyer. Or accept returns now, pay the postage and inspect the item when it arrives. If it arrives back in a working condition. Contact the buyer and explain its all working fine and you are now ringing eBay. Ring eBay right away and report the buyer for breach of buyers safety guidelines as he has abused the system for a free return. Then block the buyer, relist and move on. He'll get a strike or if he has done this before. Have his account banned.

Excellent thanks for advice I will do this exactly, costing me all this postage as well
Splice16th Jun

Excellent thanks for advice I will do this exactly, costing me all this …Excellent thanks for advice I will do this exactly, costing me all this postage as well

Because I didn't chase up eBay for my postage. I really don't know where you stand. The agent I spoke to didn't seem to understand me then told me that eBay would side with the buyer so I either accept a refund or they'll force one.

When I asked about my postage she wasn't clear at all. So I can't give an answer on that for sure.

I'd say as soon as you inspect the goods ring eBay and tell them. See if they'll refund both sides.
kos1c1 h, 28 m ago

Because I didn't chase up eBay for my postage. I really don't know where … Because I didn't chase up eBay for my postage. I really don't know where you stand. The agent I spoke to didn't seem to understand me then told me that eBay would side with the buyer so I either accept a refund or they'll force one.When I asked about my postage she wasn't clear at all. So I can't give an answer on that for sure. I'd say as soon as you inspect the goods ring eBay and tell them. See if they'll refund both sides.

Will check thanks
Splice16th Jun

Will check thanks

Keep us posted.
kos1c16th Jun

Keep us posted.

Got my vita back today did a check to see if it was the one i sent and looks like it . I think you was right he probably found out he cant mod it and sent it back
Splice21st Jun

Got my vita back today did a check to see if it was the one i sent and …Got my vita back today did a check to see if it was the one i sent and looks like it . I think you was right he probably found out he cant mod it and sent it back

If nothing is wrong with the vita.Contact the seller and state you've found nothing wrong. Can they explained What the issue was.

See what they say then report them to eBay for abusing the buyers protection.

The only issue is. From reading forums you'll be out the return postage (if you paid for a returns label).

I don't sell often on due to the fees and scam buyers.
Edited by: "kos1c" 21st Jun
kos1c20 h, 30 m ago

If nothing is wrong with the vita.Contact the seller and state you've …If nothing is wrong with the vita.Contact the seller and state you've found nothing wrong. Can they explained What the issue was. See what they say then report them to eBay for abusing the buyers protection.The only issue is. From reading forums you'll be out the return postage (if you paid for a returns label). I don't sell often on due to the fees and scam buyers.

He saying the vita lags when it is under 20% battery and is true but thats because of low battery im just leaving the guy negative feedback
Edited by: "Splice" 22nd Jun
Splice22nd Jun

He saying the vita lags when it is under 20% battery and is true but thats …He saying the vita lags when it is under 20% battery and is true but thats because of low battery im just leaving the guy negative feedback

That's a bad excuse. Some people will try anything to get one over on you.

I still think he was hoping it's a hackable firmware or wanted to test a vita out and decided against it so made up a bad excuse.

I could understand if it was unplayable but I'm guessing it's a tiny bit of stutter as it hits a power saving mode for low battery.
kos1c2 h, 22 m ago

That's a bad excuse. Some people will try anything to get one over on you. …That's a bad excuse. Some people will try anything to get one over on you. I still think he was hoping it's a hackable firmware or wanted to test a vita out and decided against it so made up a bad excuse. I could understand if it was unplayable but I'm guessing it's a tiny bit of stutter as it hits a power saving mode for low battery.

Im guessing he just looked for a excuse to get free returns but i can't proove that yes correct he most likely realised cant hack it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions