Ebay laptop advice

Would welcome some advice from the experts on here.

Paid £85 for a laptop from ebay which was advertised as:

Centrino 1.6
30GB HD
512MB Ram

Actually received a slightly different model:

Pentium M 1.8
60GB HD
1024MB Ram

Not sure if I've come out on the right side or not or whether this is better or worse than the advertised one...

Any thoughts?

5 Comments

You have the better one, faster c.p.u, twice as much ram and double the size hard drive.

Yep i wouldnt complain tbh. The one youve got there is twice the machine that was originally advertised.

Original Poster

mark1967;6067032

You have the better one, faster c.p.u, twice as much ram and double the … You have the better one, faster c.p.u, twice as much ram and double the size hard drive.

Squelds;6067047

Yep i wouldnt complain tbh. The one youve got there is twice the machine … Yep i wouldnt complain tbh. The one youve got there is twice the machine that was originally advertised.

Thanks, I thought it was better just couldn't work out the differene between a centrino and p4-m (in any...) repped you both :thumbsup:

Tillboy;6067072

Thanks, I thought it was better just couldn't work out the differene … Thanks, I thought it was better just couldn't work out the differene between a centrino and p4-m (in any...) repped you both :thumbsup:

Slight difference, but basically the same. You done well.:thumbsup:

>Centrino 1.6

Centrino is NOT the name of a processor. There never has been, nor ever will be, a processor called Centrino.

It is the name of a platform from Intel that includes a range of components inside the laptop that are supposed to work together. All the components in Centrino are made by Intel, so it is just a way for them to try to make sure laptops contain Intel components. It is really just a marketing term.

en.wikipedia.org/wik…ino
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Fanta Snapcode for Filters and Lenses11
    2. What would be HELL to you?1920
    3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***620
    4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1014

See more discussions