Groups

eBay laughs

Sold an Xbox 360 game last week on eBay, buyer paid straight away didn't seem like a dodgy user and then I get a message this morning saying the game I had sold him contained the wrong disc, apparantly it was a Metallica CD inside instead of the game.

1. I made sure the correct disc was in before packing and posting.
    2. I've never owned a Metallica CD in my life.
    3. I don't even like Metallica.
    and 4. The buyer left postive feedback saying the game was in mint condition.

Anyone had any eBay mishaps like this?

12 Comments

Banned

Tell him to get ******

Maybe they ordered a couple of games and messaged the wrong person???

I accidentaly left negative feedback for the wrong person many moons ago as a new user :oops:

i kept getting messages from one guy saying he never recieved the game, and that he wanted his money bk, and will pay me when he recieves it. Ebay sided with him :@ and its been months and the game hasn't come bk here.

Maybe they ordered a couple of games and messaged the wrong person???I … Maybe they ordered a couple of games and messaged the wrong person???I accidentaly left negative feedback for the wrong person many moons ago as a new user

someone left me feedback like this before, as i had only sent off an item, and on the same day they guy left feedback

Somebody complained to me that a game i sold was covered in fingerprints. Was hugely alarmed by this as A my games never do and B it was still sealed :-D

WinterSoldier5;8886372

Somebody complained to me that a game i sold was covered in fingerprints. … Somebody complained to me that a game i sold was covered in fingerprints. Was hugely alarmed by this as A my games never do and B it was still sealed :-D

:w00t:

As you can see from above posts you get so many scammers trying it on!!, but seems as he has already left you positive feedback then i would tell him to swivel ! had he not yet left feedback then that would be different and i would try and resolve it with him ...

LOL

Reminds me when I sold my collectors edition of Gorrilaz D-sides.
    The buyer e-mailed me saying the cds wouldn't play and asked for a refund. (it was brand new BTW)
    So I mailed back saying ok, uopn the return of the cds I will give you a full refund.
    Few minutes later she e-mailed back saying oh, never mind just gave the cds a clean with washing up liquid and they work fine now......then left positive feedback.:roll:

Original Poster

Yeah, got a feeling that had they not left positive feedback then would have sent the game back with the metallica CD instead of the game disc. Wonder if anyone actually falls for the scams?

Meadsy4742;8886613

Yeah, got a feeling that had they not left positive feedback then would … Yeah, got a feeling that had they not left positive feedback then would have sent the game back with the metallica CD instead of the game disc. Wonder if anyone actually falls for the scams?

Just to warn you that if they decide to put a claim through ebay/paypal then it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to them if he left you positive feedback already. I had a buyer say that an item was unsatisfactory, even though they'd left positive feedback, and I had to refund them as paypal/ebay ALWAYS side with the buyer. That's what's really hacking me off with ebay at the moment as they offer the seller no protection whatsover, we can't even leave negative feedback for non-payers for goodness sake!!

So keep your fingers crossed they don't put an official claim in or you're stuffed!!

Also hope that they don't use this forum or else they will do the above

Original Poster

Annie1508;8886723

Just to warn you that if they decide to put a claim through ebay/paypal … Just to warn you that if they decide to put a claim through ebay/paypal then it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to them if he left you positive feedback already. I had a buyer say that an item was unsatisfactory, even though they'd left positive feedback, and I had to refund them as paypal/ebay ALWAYS side with the buyer. That's what's really hacking me off with ebay at the moment as they offer the seller no protection whatsover, we can't even leave negative feedback for non-payers for goodness sake!!So keep your fingers crossed they don't put an official claim in or you're stuffed!!

What happens if I refuse to refund? Would the buyer really take the scam that far or would they get cold feet?

Meadsy4742;8886946

What happens if I refuse to refund? Would the buyer really take the scam … What happens if I refuse to refund? Would the buyer really take the scam that far or would they get cold feet?

Hopefully they'll get cold feet, sorry didn't want to freak you out, hope this is what they do but these scammers kind of have this in mind from the start.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …116263
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?34220
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415714096
      4. No preseason sky sports offers1218

See more discussions