EBAY listing scams (IMHO)

Found 27th Dec 2017
I have noticed on Ebay (probably been going on for ages) that sellers are listing an item for sale at what looks like a good price. When you go to the listing there is a 'type' or similar drop down field. The actual item in the heading is not the item for which the price is being displayed.

I am not good at explaining. Say for example it is a Drone for sale Model 'SUPER-DRONE' and that's whatthe heading states. And the price it is really good. Then you click the dropdown and the price actually is for something different like the charger or whatever.

ebay.co.uk/itm…747

here is a Gimbal advertised:

Lightweight Handheld Gimbal Action Camera Stabilizer For Gopro 5 4 3 price £8.98

goto the listing and you will see what I mean.

Maybe it's just me but I think it stinks.
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
It's the same with phone cases, clothes etc. Some colours, styles etc cost a lot more and you select via a dropdown menu.
I think that's common practice with that sort of item.
Edited by: "hearts22" 27th Dec 2017
Yup, I get that all the time when searching for things on Ebay. It is very very annoying, as it means that when sorting search results by lowest price 1st you don't actually get the cheap prices for an item at the top.
basically seller is selling clothes, accessories, etc, with multiple items you cannot list all the prices so like everywhere else in the world the price is FROM and changes if you change the item specification.

go to any broadband provider and see that they have broadband UP TO 300mbit STARTING FROM 25.99
This really annoys me aswell, you cant filter items very quick when 100's of these pop up.
its deliberate. As usual Ebay don't care. Searching on EBay is nonsense. Everybody's mis tagging
If you want a 10M hdmi cable and search for 10M hdmi cable the first result will be "hdmi cable in 2m 3m 4m 5m 6m 7m 8m 9m 10m lengths", the price will be for the 2m, but you can select 10m from the dropdown.
MIDURIX1 m ago

If you want a 10M hdmi cable and search for 10M hdmi cable the first …If you want a 10M hdmi cable and search for 10M hdmi cable the first result will be "hdmi cable in 2m 3m 4m 5m 6m 7m 8m 9m 10m lengths", the price will be for the 2m, but you can select 10m from the dropdown.

in which case the heading should state 2m. Or change the drop down orde
Bobef9021 m ago

in which case the heading should state 2m. Or change the drop down orde

The title does state 2m, but also all the rest. It does make it impossible to search for anything like a 10m cable for example.
A lot of China sellers are saying UK based when they aren’t. Ebay do nothing. I always check the date of arrival and go from there 🙄
I blame eBay for their fees.
Go direct to the Chinese online shops, at least you know what the price is and how long it will take to arrive.
Otherwise, waste your time on EBay....simple.
yeah, i have noticed this.

i saw one recently and clicked as it was cheapest in the search, but none of the items on sale were even at the price stated in the search results! what a con.
dorey6912 h, 15 m ago

A lot of China sellers are saying UK based when they aren’t. Ebay do n …A lot of China sellers are saying UK based when they aren’t. Ebay do nothing. I always check the date of arrival and go from there 🙄

I got caught out with that because I rushed to buy.

Item location said UK but seller was based in China and item took weeks to arrive.
dorey6912 h, 50 m ago

A lot of China sellers are saying UK based when they aren’t. Ebay do n …A lot of China sellers are saying UK based when they aren’t. Ebay do nothing. I always check the date of arrival and go from there 🙄

I didn't know this! I don't like buying anything non UK located on ebay, so always choose UK filter. What a con.

Good heads up about arrival date. How is that date derived? Does the seller work that out or ebay?
mutley13 h, 53 m ago

I didn't know this! I don't like buying anything non UK located on ebay, …I didn't know this! I don't like buying anything non UK located on ebay, so always choose UK filter. What a con. Good heads up about arrival date. How is that date derived? Does the seller work that out or ebay?

EBay, from the postal service offered and sellers despatch time.

If its over a week, I assume its from abroad and move on.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants