ebay listing sold for more than i asked for

18 replies
Found 15th Mar
so i listed something on ebay for 15 quid with an option to make me an offer and someone bought it for 16.99 this morning? it has not been paid yet so should i assume that it was a mistake - very confused!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
18 Comments

Have you emailed the buyer to ask for payment?

Banned

Send the invoice and take the money and run.
Wasn't P+P they paid extra for?

Yeah sure it's not postage?

You sure you didnt mistakenly list it auction style with a starting price of £15 and 2 people bid on it.

eBay is full of people who will bid more on an auction item than they can get it for as a buy it now.

rhinopaul

You sure you didnt mistakenly list it auction style with a starting price … You sure you didnt mistakenly list it auction style with a starting price of £15 and 2 people bid on it.

thats the only possible conclusion i can think of other than 99p or more start price with a buy it now for £15 which was misunderstood as the one and only selling price, the buy it now option would disappear once some one made a bid.

Don't worry. As usual with these nonsensical threads the OP will more than likely never return.

Banned

mtuk1

Don't worry. As usual with these nonsensical threads the OP will more … Don't worry. As usual with these nonsensical threads the OP will more than likely never return.

Yep

You never know. One day they may post a deal. Benefit of the doubt.

Original Poster

thanks for your comments i sent an invoice but still no payment so we shall see. it wasnt an auction it was listed for about 24 hours , had a best offer , and postage is on top of the 16.99. really weird but heres hoping i get paid!

Original Poster

mtuk1

Don't worry. As usual with these nonsensical threads the OP will more … Don't worry. As usual with these nonsensical threads the OP will more than likely never return.

​thanks for your comment but please dont bother if you dont have anything nice to say

There does seem to be a glitch at the moment, the eBay boards and Moneysavingexpert eBay board have reported similar situations.

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho…060
Edited by: "windym" 16th Mar

Original Poster

windym

There does seem to be a glitch at the moment, the eBay boards and … There does seem to be a glitch at the moment, the eBay boards and Moneysavingexpert eBay board have reported similar situations. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5617060

​thanks for that info i typed this problem into google many times and couldnt find any info- thing is my buyer has over 4k feedback at 100%! i sent an invoice last night - so the wait will tell
thanks again

People can take days to pay, I think after 7 days you can open a non payment case to get your fees back, send the invoice and wait.

Original Poster

she paid! still really weird but i think i think i like it lol

hayleeybee

she paid! still really weird but i think i think i like it lol

When listing as a 'buy now ' with a 'best offer' the first auction bid cancels the buy now and best offer option and reverts the listing to a straightforward auction listing does it not?

Could be the buyer wasn't aware there was a buy now price at auction start and joined the auction after the first bid, therefore not aware the buy now or best offer option even existed...?

Edited by: "andynicol" 16th Mar

Wadda

eBay is full of people who will bid more on an auction item than they can … eBay is full of people who will bid more on an auction item than they can get it for as a buy it now.

Allways bemuses me why folks don't use the search function properly and bid more than a buy now for same item.

Original Poster

andynicol

When listing as a 'buy now ' with a 'best offer' the first auction bid … When listing as a 'buy now ' with a 'best offer' the first auction bid cancels the buy now and best offer option and reverts the listing to a straightforward auction listing does it not?Could be the buyer wasn't aware there was a buy now price at auction start and joined the auction after the first bid, therefore not aware the buy now or best offer option even existed...?

​no you would have to set up the auction as an alternative but the listing was buy it now or best offer only, i did set it up to automatically say yes if the offer was a certain amount and obviously that was more, im starting to think she thought it was an auction so gave her highest offer and ebay has accepted this, either way im two quid up although i will record delivery- just in case!

Original Poster

andynicol

Allways bemuses me why folks don't use the search function properly and … Allways bemuses me why folks don't use the search function properly and bid more than a buy now for same item.

​yes i have seen this so many times! i think people just get caught up in the bidding excitement and in the end its more about winning (similar to gambling) im definitely more of a buy it now person
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1429
    2. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…49
    3. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)98196
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769442

See more discussions