Ebay Motors - Auction or Classified

Found 11th Aug 2010
I'm selling my scooter on eBay, hopefully listing tonight, and was wondering if it is best to put it as an auction or as a classified advert.

Does it make much difference?

Cheers
James

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
4 Comments

It does make a difference cost wise - have a think about how much you are likely to sell it for and work out what it would cost you in fees as an auction and how much as a classified. From memory if its classified you don't have a final value fee where you do if its an auction.....

i alway put them on as a buy it now and then retract when i get cash in my hand so ebay doesnt know its sold!!

Original Poster

Its about £13 difference in fees so that wouldn't affect my decision really. The only thing with classified would be I'm not sure if it's definiate value, I keep getting told different figures. But equally I may get more or less on an auction. I'll probably just go for the auction in the end though incase I undervalue it.

It's a Keeway F-Act 50cc moped, 2008 registration and 1800 miles on the clock, mint condition if anyone would have an idea on value.

James

Original Poster

Yeah I found that one last night, I've put mine on for £595 on a classified in the end as was worried about it not reaching a decent amount and I really need the money.

I've had a text overnight with an offer of cash and collection. If I were to accept this, ie not through ebay, do I just have to cancel the listing as if it didn't sell? Also, how do I pay the £14.99 listing fee?

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Laptop for <£200 - Chinese laptop or black friday deal?46
    2. boiler / radiator - quote - is this a good deal?811
    3. Any else struggling for gift ideas for a teenage boy ?1014
    4. The cost of moving schools36

See more discussions