EBay nectar 30000 points but how

Posted 20th Oct
Just notified in my nectar card there is 30000 points from eBay but I don’t know how I got them I bought a phone but not sure where the points have gone from 3312213-ah2g4.jpg
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
think I win this one 38730400-Ol46w.jpg
the.porter20/10/2019 13:10

I haven’t entered anything possible error I suppose cheers

Usually these kinds of competitions are automatic entry. If you've shopped at eBay in the last month or so I'd say it's possible. I'd spend the points ASAP in case it was an error!
look at this...38712515-sJtjN.jpg
107 Comments
Maybe you won one of the eBay Nectar points competitions. It could also be an error.
Edited by: "the.porter" 20th Oct
Enjoy
the.porter20/10/2019 13:10

Usually these kinds of competitions are automatic entry. If you've shopped at eBay in the last month or so I'd say it's possible. I'd spend the points ASAP in case it was an error!
If it is an error then nectar will reclaim those points in few days time. I was awarded for DFDS purchase three times but extra points were deducted later.
I received 1900 points on the 16th October for an £18.99 purchase on eBay and was thinking the same!
Spend it quick. Lol
I was just thinking that’lol
Don't query it. Convert it. Spend it. Enjoy it
Once spent they cannot claim back
I presume best is eBay
Same here!! I don’t know if I should spend them or not!!! 38708434-JteQY.jpg
Ebay must have transmitted the amount in pence but the new nectar site was expecting pounds.
38708464-9apnJ.jpg
Lol looks like a can of worms is gonna open
jwsg20/10/2019 17:32

Ebay must have transmitted the amount in pence but the new nectar site was …Ebay must have transmitted the amount in pence but the new nectar site was expecting pounds.

Yes, I think you're right. I made a £36 purchase recently. I've received 3600 points.
Might be every transaction since the 16th
Edited by: "jwsg" 20th Oct
I would convert them nectar points to vouchers on eBay, and I would do it quick time.

I just checked my balance, they supposed to deduct 6 points for a £6 item I got refunded on eBay, they deducted 600 points. I would guess that 30000 should be really 300 points.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 20th Oct
Ah, it wasn’t just me!
I’ve had an 18800 and an 8000....already converted to eBay vouchers.
When I’ve had lesser errors in the past I’ve ended up with a minus balance when they’ve corrected it. If that happens this time I’ll be getting a new nectar card 🏻
PoserDude20/10/2019 17:30

Same here!! I don’t know if I should spend them or not!!! [Image]

I’ve converted to eBay vouchers already.
hc4eva21/10/2019 01:17

I’ve converted to eBay vouchers already.

Yeah, I think I’ll do the same today!! Nintendo Switch, baby!!!
I have had 52,000 over the weekend and turned them to vouchers and spent them, can ebay/netcar make me pay these discounts back if it is an error, if they try ebay can take the goods back, and pay return delivery costs because it will be their fault.
look at this...38712515-sJtjN.jpg
38712679.jpg

Got awarded 30k points (yes, I somehow had a negative balance) too bad though. If I knew ahead i would’ve spent thousands on eBay. Can’t complain though.

Since I got these points from Ebay and converted them to Ebay vouchers could they take my voucher away should they find out about this?
Edited by: "DragonX" 21st Oct
amadeus5321/10/2019 09:40

look at this...[Image]

Wow!
So you must have spent a couple of grand during the dodgy period. You gonna spend them?
DragonX21/10/2019 10:02

[Image] Got awarded 30k points (yes, I somehow had a negative balance) too …[Image] Got awarded 30k points (yes, I somehow had a negative balance) too bad though. If I knew ahead i would’ve spent thousands on eBay. Can’t complain though.Since I got these points from Ebay and converted them to Ebay vouchers could they take my voucher away should they find out about this?

Hard to say but yes possibly. New nectar card if they do
yes, do allot of business spending via ebay...
hc4eva21/10/2019 10:30

Hard to say but yes possibly. New nectar card if they do

I’m not worried about card lol. Just want to keep the vouchers lol
DragonX21/10/2019 11:12

I’m not worried about card lol. Just want to keep the vouchers lol

Sorry, was still waking up when I wrote the original comment...I don’t think they will take vouchers away, but I think the card might end up with a negative balance.
I logged on to see whether I had been awarded an error and sure enough I have... A negative error!!! Apparently I'm minus 260points when I haven't spent any for months and was showing positive a few days ago!! I'm guessing there's a few errors!!
Edited by: "mcdexsta" 21st Oct
hc4eva21/10/2019 12:10

Sorry, was still waking up when I wrote the original comment...I don’t t …Sorry, was still waking up when I wrote the original comment...I don’t think they will take vouchers away, but I think the card might end up with a negative balance.

Good enough for me.
Everything fine on my account
38720801-dVstn.jpg
Just tried to cash my points into eBay vouchers.- eBay now says ..

You're not authorised to spend your Nectar points. Please contact the Nectar Helpline on 0844 822 4100.

Where it was all fine yesterday and I could have cashed out my points on ebay - maybe they have caught on and put a hold on things?
pinksteviegirl21/10/2019 19:02

Just tried to cash my points into eBay vouchers.- eBay now says ..You're …Just tried to cash my points into eBay vouchers.- eBay now says ..You're not authorised to spend your Nectar points. Please contact the Nectar Helpline on 0844 822 4100.Where it was all fine yesterday and I could have cashed out my points on ebay - maybe they have caught on and put a hold on things?

Sounds like it. Your comment freaked me out so I quickly but wisely spent all my the voucher I had

Try to spend your points in other places like Sainsbury’s or Argos
Edited by: "DragonX" 21st Oct

Just tried to cash my points into eBay vouchers.- eBay now says ..You're …Just tried to cash my points into eBay vouchers.- eBay now says ..You're not authorised to spend your Nectar points. Please contact the Nectar Helpline on 0844 822 4100.Where it was all fine yesterday and I could have cashed out my points on ebay - maybe they have caught on and put a hold on things?

Same here, 536 points in there...
so anyone contacted helpline to see?

Have you tried to unlink the card and relink it? It might need you to reauthorise your login details because of the transfer to new Nectar.
Edited by: "jamie15" 21st Oct
Same here, noticed 30,000 points yesterday at around 4pm, converted immediately, I still have the voucher so will spend quickly just in case!
I spent 52,000 points over the weekend, then yesterday I got the message ''You're not authorised to spend your Nectar points. Please contact the Helpline. So I contacted them at first the guy on the phone did not know why, as I have only 290 points available and cant spend until I have 500, then he went away and came back and said, points had been issued incorrectly, the guy said Ebay and Netcar are in discussions and trying to sort it out as a lot of people have had it happen to them. I said its not my fault and he said we know its not. Since then today the message in my Nectar notification box on ebay has gone back to normal o I can spend the remaining points as I collect them. So it looks like Ebay and Netcar are disputing which of them is going to swallow the mistake.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants