Groups

Ebay need to stop sellers from profiteering...! I know its a buy & sell business, but...

Just bought a River Island Jacket on eBay for £35 - on a Best offer basis (item was originally on buy it now for £50).

States new with tags, current season - so after purchase, I decided to check the River Island site to see how much I had saved... To my suprise, the Jacket was on there for £15 in the sale! Looks like the seller had bought it at that price, and sold it for more.

He accepts returns, so I'm not really worried - have emailed him to ask him to cancel the transaction rather than send it out for me to send back... Hopefully he agrees!

Can the seller refuse to accept the return, as he knows he has made an extra £20 off me??? His return policy is: "I am happy to accept returns in the same condition as they were sent. I offer a full refund for mistakes in my listing but will not refund postage costs if you have purchased in error"

28 Comments

Why didn't you check the price BEFORE you bought it?

people will always do this really you should of checked before you put an offer in.

might have been an idea to check the river island site BEFORE you bought it? how else could you decide if it was a bargain when you bid?

Surely it's buyer beware! Perhaps you should have looked at the River Island website before you placed a bid.

You are lucky that he accepts returns - as I see it, it is your mistake not his, so I wouldn't expect him to pay return P&P if he sends it out.

how can ebay stop this?

"I offer a full refund for mistakes in my listing but will not refund postage costs if you have purchased in error"

really it is not his fault so you might just have to take it

I can feel a non paying bidder alert coming on.

tinkerbell28;7450588

Ebay needs to stop sellers from profiteering..................I know it's … Ebay needs to stop sellers from profiteering..................I know it's a business........That makes no sense at all :lol:

you had your work cut out for you tonight babe:oops:

you can't blame the seller, he asked for an offer. You made it not him.

tinkerbell28;7450588

Ebay needs to stop sellers from profiteering..................I know it's … Ebay needs to stop sellers from profiteering..................I know it's a business........That makes no sense at all :lol:

+1

Half the river island stuff on ebay is from previous sales. If your happy with it, just keep it

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice, but noone has yet answered the question I asked lol.

I think it was a sad case of impulse buying, furthermore I always pay as soon as I win an item.

I've asked him to keep the £4 p&p charges for the inconvenience and cancel the transaction.
    I have only JUST bought it so he obviously hasn't posted it out as yet.

You decide if it's a bargain before You bid, It's people like you that sellers need to avoid.

It is a business, People use ebay to make money, No one forces you to buy from their.

tinkerbell28;7450588

loooooooooooool I know!!!!!!! Thats like saying the Church needs to stop people praying !!!

Original Poster

Oh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - He's Just Refunded Me!!!

Great Saving!

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7450657

OP is an idiot. Why should the seller now loose out on listing fees … OP is an idiot. Why should the seller now loose out on listing fees because you were too stupid to check the website first?

Excuse you???!!!

I got my refund, so end of rant - OK :oops: !

ebay need to stop time wasters like the OP!!!

your in the wrong not the seller

if people are gonna be daft enough to pay more than what the shop is selling it for why shouldn't he sell for this price,

this is the kind of thing i got annoyed at as a seller on ebay ; like someone else stated he will get stung with loads of fees for your mistake

Pr3cious18;7450675

Oh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - He's Just Refunded Me!!!Great Saving!

your one of the reasons i hate ebay:thumbsup:

This Thread = Fail

Original Poster

ilovepink;7450724

Oh well!!! :-D

Pr3cious18;7450754

Oh well!!! :-D

:roll:

next time you might be in real need of help, just remeber that instead of being cocky:thumbsup:

Buy It Now on ebay are subject of distance selling regulations so you have 7 days to change your mind etc.

However to say you should stop ebay from profiteering just becuse you made is mistake is a ridiculous statement. Thats what ebay is all about if you don't like don't shop there.

ilovepink;7450724

ilovepink;7450782

:roll:next time you might be in real need of help, just remeber that … :roll:next time you might be in real need of help, just remeber that instead of being cocky:thumbsup:

Well said :thumbsup:

Maybe the ebay seller bought it at full price before the sale happened - how do you know??

Banned

people like the OP ruin ebay.

Banned

LOL - funniest thread of the day award!

OP is too lazy to check prices so pays OTT on fleabay and just wants some tea and sympathy

Banned

funniest thread 2 weeks ago

Classic lol, take yer oil!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tooth extraction66
      2. Decent Mp3 Player?33
      3. Box Nation44
      4. iPhone x66

See more discussions