eBay, no first class signed for parcel option.

Posted 28th Mar
I'm trying to sell something on eBay, and I'm going through the list of Royal mail options and there's no 1st class signed for option, just 2nd class.

3429673-kFn98.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Due to self isolation I’m amazed the signed for option is available
What did ebay say?
You can buy postage via the royal mail site & add the tracking number. If the Royal Mail do not offer signed for then you have your answer.
ajfrenchie20024276328/03/2020 16:15

Due to self isolation I’m amazed the signed for option is available

At the moment you don't actually sign anything; the postman stands back a safe distance, logs your name and then signs on your behalf. Couriers are doing the same.
The post office advised on Friday that the signed for part is taking place by the receiver. It’s actually being carried out by the delivery person with the e signature Covid. Maybe eBay have scrapped the option as technically it’s not available?
nrackham7628/03/2020 16:40

The post office advised on Friday that the signed for part is taking place …The post office advised on Friday that the signed for part is taking place by the receiver. It’s actually being carried out by the delivery person with the e signature Covid. Maybe eBay have scrapped the option as technically it’s not available?

The list above shows 1st class and 2nd class signed for so it would be odd just to stop 1st class signed for.
Edited by: "PeacePipe" 28th Mar
PeacePipe28/03/2020 16:51

The list above shows 1st class and 2nd class signed for so it would be odd …The list above shows 1st class and 2nd class signed for so it would be odd just to stop 1st class signed for.

I have no idea but get what you mean, not sure,
Just letting you know what I was told when sending items a fees days back when sending items in the post office
@JohnIIIrd for where it says small parcel in blue click on that and then click ‘other’
That used to happen to me and not include the option for 1st class signed for. Just write in your listing it will be sent 1st Class Signed For and just pick the second class signed for option when listing.
Doesn't having post men and couriers signing for parcels open up all kind of issues with theft and exploitation?
AnkerMan28/03/2020 18:39

Doesn't having post men and couriers signing for parcels open up all kind …Doesn't having post men and couriers signing for parcels open up all kind of issues with theft and exploitation?

Yes but I don't think a Judge would be happy with a defence of not receiving goods. Anyway confirmed tracking is all ebay require.
Willy_Wonka28/03/2020 18:45

Yes but I don't think a Judge would be happy with a defence of not …Yes but I don't think a Judge would be happy with a defence of not receiving goods. Anyway confirmed tracking is all ebay require.

Your answer doesn't fill me with confidence to be honest.
AnkerMan28/03/2020 18:48

Your answer doesn't fill me with confidence to be honest.

It is not supposed to. Just saying ebays policy is that if you can prove tracked delivery then you are covered. Yes there will be con artists about but if you are covered you are covered.
Willy_Wonka28/03/2020 18:51

It is not supposed to. Just saying ebays policy is that if you can prove …It is not supposed to. Just saying ebays policy is that if you can prove tracked delivery then you are covered. Yes there will be con artists about but if you are covered you are covered.

I thought buyers were covered by eBay while sellers have to use insurance via the post?
Available on my account...
40214096-QFlTT.jpg
They have removed it because Royal Mail won’t let people touch the screens , if I was you or anyone I would avoid eBay selling for know as scammers will be all over this
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions