Groups

Ebay, Nuisance buyer.

I have an item for sale and keep getting stupid comments and requests from a buyer.
    I have already politely refused twice and said the item isnt for an offer price but I jam still getting annoying messages from this buyer.
    I have tried looking up how to report him but it only allows to report someone who has already bought an item.

I'm sure in the past I could message ebay but cant find it now. Anyone know how apart from phoning them.

Thanks.

19 Comments

Block them, can't find the link to hand, but search for blocking a bidder in the eBay pages and then you can just add their username to your blocked list

Try ringing ebay they will call you back

Original Poster

Already blocked them from buying but thanks. I really want to stop them messaging me.

Stalker - police .

Banned

Don't use ebay, job done.

Can you also let me know if the item is 240V or is it th e 110V version?
    Edited by: "getmeone" 7th Dec 2016

I would politely message him again and say there is no offers and if he keeps messenging you he will be reported to ebay and, as robsy says, the police.

Like Cakeboy79 said, there is an option to block users, if you are having trouble you can just google "how to block users on ebay"

Name and shame. I'll get the pitchforks ready.

Original Poster

Looks like the only way is to phone ebay, strange as they used to be hot on the subject of people making offers outside of ebay.

Original Poster

jayonline85

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Trust-Safety/how-do-i-block-messages-from-another-ebay-member/qaq-p/1232765

Thanks. Sorted.

Expect it's a "mate" taking the pish.

myapps

I would politely message him again and say there is no offers and if he … I would politely message him again and say there is no offers and if he keeps messenging you he will be reported to ebay and, as robsy says, the police.

Seriously, report the person to the police? This person is just chancing their arm and hoping the seller gives in.

From what the OP has said it's only been a few messages which will no doubt stop once the item has sold to someone else. Hardly worth contacting the police oO
    Edited by: "redarrowrules" 7th Dec 2016

They're assuming content the same way you're assuming content. Only the op can judge but depending on what's being posted to him police involvement isn't unreasonable

redarrowrules

Seriously, report the person to the police? This person is just chancing … Seriously, report the person to the police? This person is just chancing their arm and hoping the seller gives in.From what the OP has said it's only been a few messages which will no doubt stop once the item has sold to someone else. Hardly worth contacting the police oO

Who said anything about contacting the police? I just said tell the seller you'll report him to the police. If the sell is an auction then there is no harm is asking once for a buy it now. If the answer is no then it's no. Anything more is not chancing it's harassment and sometimes a suggesting you'll contact the police, even it sounds ridiculous, may be enough to make them back off.

myapps

Who said anything about contacting the police? I just said tell the … Who said anything about contacting the police? I just said tell the seller you'll report him to the police. If the sell is an auction then there is no harm is asking once for a buy it now. If the answer is no then it's no. Anything more is not chancing it's harassment and sometimes a suggesting you'll contact the police, even it sounds ridiculous, may be enough to make them back off.

Ah that makes sense X)

Banned

Block him. Done.

looooool can't believe people are discussing calling the police over this!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions