Ebay order

Posted 3rd Dec
I ordered from Argos eBay shop on 30 Nov which has been dispatched. I have noticed eBay has now got a 25% coupon.

Called customer care but they refused to price match.

Returns are pathetic as I would have to pay for the return postage.

Does anyone got any idea to workaround this?
Community Updates
Ask
24 Comments
I assume you were happy with the price you paid at the time? If you had waited it may have gone out of stock too.
You could re-order and the pay to return if the saving is big enough, but may not be worthwhile.
That's just one of those things. Don't see eBay being in the wrong.

But if you paid by PayPal, you send it back, keep proof of return/tracking number & claim your postage back via PayPal.

Just Google 'free PayPal returns' and opt in
Can’t you return in store to an Argos free of charge??
Claiming refund postage via paypal is an option?
Also what’s this 25% coupon?
Edited by: "shadowfall" 3rd Dec
jon81uk03/12/2019 10:52

I assume you were happy with the price you paid at the time? If you had …I assume you were happy with the price you paid at the time? If you had waited it may have gone out of stock too.You could re-order and the pay to return if the saving is big enough, but may not be worthwhile.

Ofcourse but not happy now since I can see it chips off 40+ quids.. I thought there might be some smartass who knows a workaround to this.. Back in US most of stores honors price match if the price drops during the return period which makes sense..never mind
No coupon but automatically applied of orders over £100
Gollywood03/12/2019 10:53

That's just one of those things. Don't see eBay being in the wrong.But if …That's just one of those things. Don't see eBay being in the wrong.But if you paid by PayPal, you send it back, keep proof of return/tracking number & claim your postage back via PayPal.Just Google 'free PayPal returns' and opt in

Gollywood03/12/2019 10:53

That's just one of those things. Don't see eBay being in the wrong.But if …That's just one of those things. Don't see eBay being in the wrong.But if you paid by PayPal, you send it back, keep proof of return/tracking number & claim your postage back via PayPal.Just Google 'free PayPal returns' and opt in

Paid through cc...fml
toonsquirel03/12/2019 10:54

I know that is stupid but can't return to store I guess
toonsquirel03/12/2019 10:54

I've returned Argos items bought via eBay to Argos stores once before.
DealLocker03/12/2019 11:04

Paid through cc...fml

FML? Also what 25% coupon?
Edited by: "Gollywood" 3rd Dec
jon81uk03/12/2019 11:08

I've returned Argos items bought via eBay to Argos stores once before.

That sounds fab did you order for delivery or click and collect?( Just wondering if it makes a difference) worth a try though
DealLocker03/12/2019 11:11

That sounds fab did you order for delivery or click and collect?( Just …That sounds fab did you order for delivery or click and collect?( Just wondering if it makes a difference) worth a try though

This was click and collect. I think actually you can only return to store if you collected in store.
claim postage back off paypal
and what code?
AMaky03/12/2019 11:39

claim postage back off paypal

He didn't use PayPal
Theres no 25% off code???????
DealLocker03/12/2019 11:06

I know that is stupid but can't return to store I guess

"...Can I return my item to a store? Currently only Items purchased from Argos on eBay that are Click & Collected from an Argos store can be returned to a store."
ebaystores.co.uk/Arg…elp
AndyRoyd03/12/2019 13:36

"...Can I return my item to a store? Currently only Items purchased from …"...Can I return my item to a store? Currently only Items purchased from Argos on eBay that are Click & Collected from an Argos store can be returned to a store." http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/Argos/Help

Thanks Andy saw it... I contacted the seller and they have asked me to refuse the shipment

Just hoping it would resolve it
Decline the parcel and it will go back to sender without you paying for return.
DealLocker03/12/2019 10:59

I thought there might be some smartass who knows a workaround to this.

That's a great way to ask for help - if you don't mind me saying...
Phsycronix03/12/2019 15:22

That's a great way to ask for help - if you don't mind me saying... …That's a great way to ask for help - if you don't mind me saying...

Pardon my French.. Absolutely no offence intended
DealLocker03/12/2019 15:23

Pardon my French.. Absolutely no offence intended

No offence DL - it just surprised me to see it put quite 'like that' to be fair. Hehe. I know how you feel though - it sucks to see something reduce JUST as you've purchased it...
So refusing delivery means not taking it off the driver when he knocks on the door?

What if you're not in & they leave it with a neighbour?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants