eBay orders being delivered in Amazon boxes with Amazon receipts.

Found 14th Feb 2015
I've found some jeans on eBay that I like, so I ordered one pair to try, they were perfect, but they came through in an Amazon box, with an amazon receipt, I ordered 3 more from the same eBay seller on eBay and yet again, a bigger Amazon box with an Amazon receipt was what they were delivered in.

Isn't this strange? I understand sellers have both eBay and Amazon accounts but this was an eBay order, and also there was no signature required upon delivery.

There is nothing wrong with the jeans, i'll order from the seller again, but I thought it was weird that his items were being shipped from Amazon.
Community Updates
23 Comments
Have you searched for the same jeans on Amazon?
Maybe the seller is being a middle man and ordering the jeans from Amazon for cheaper?
bhara

Have you searched for the same jeans on Amazon? Maybe the seller is being … Have you searched for the same jeans on Amazon? Maybe the seller is being a middle man and ordering the jeans from Amazon for cheaper?

good point
Dodgy credit card maybe? Amazon don't require the 3 pin security code which makes it easier for scammers, and this way they don't need to give their address out so all comeback is on you if this is the case. I have seen ebay accounts for sale on dodgy sites (I like to browse them to keep up with latest scams and thus know hat to be on the lookout and avoid falling prey - admittedly in this scenario you wouldnt know until its too late).

Perhaps try messaging him for a return address on the basis a button is missing or wrong size delivered, if he is dodgy you will likely be a) ignored or b)get offered a full/partial refund to keep you from asking for address again.
Edited by: "harlzter" 14th Feb 2015
could be dodgy but could also be a part of the "amazon fulfilment policy" where amazon ship out items from their fulfilment centre on behalf of sellers on ebay.
inb4 op reveals ebay sellers name as 'amazon_outlet' X)
Shengis

inb4 op reveals ebay sellers name as 'amazon_outlet' :pX)

lol
probs replacemnts or something dodgy but honestly as a buyer why do you care?! aslong as you got product for price you want, then ignore it haha, being good in life gets you no where
You thought it was odd so you ordered some more....
As stated about; could just be the seller buying the items off amazon and sending them to you whilst pocketing the difference?
I used to do it when I was younger.

Find a website selling games for cheap, list them on another website (Play.com/amazon/ebay) then order the item from the initial website and ship to the other persons address, send it as a gift so there's no receipts.

Now I just trade them into other sites; less hassle.
I do this all the time, it's a way to use amazon credit in your account
Yeah, funny you should say that.
A few months ago my Nan ordered a book from Ebay (from a book store) and it came in an amazing packaging and an Amazon receipt.
Odd.
Yeah, the ebay sellers hold no stock, they see a price on amazon £'s cheaper and list it for loads of profit on ebay. It comes from amazon, I see one seller isnt even based in this country do it. They get loads of negs when people realise they could have ordered themselves. They also get negs from people who order but amazon go out of stock so they cant supply anything.
1st world problems.
plus they get 20% off each time they sign up so adding to their profit
Joanna18

Yeah, funny you should say that.A few months ago my Nan ordered a book … Yeah, funny you should say that.A few months ago my Nan ordered a book from Ebay (from a book store) and it came in an amazing packaging and an Amazon receipt.Odd.

Amazing packaging?
The seller is forgetting to select the 'Gift' option on Amazon, which would have stopped you receiving the receipts.
Transformers

Amazing packaging?

Oh gosh lol
I mean Amazon
Transformers

Amazing packaging?

Joanna18

Oh gosh lolI mean Amazon

Well it is the day for it
[img]i.imgur.com/Dvq…jpg?1[/img]
thewongwing101

Well it is the day for it [img]http://i.imgur.com/DvqXPm9.jpg?1[/img]

True
Bought a pair of headphones before Christmas by a Chinese seller, but was being fulfilled by Amazon.
Could it be someone is using Amazon as a dropshipper? They find something that's cheaper on Amazon than ebay, you come along and buy their item on ebay, they place an order on Amazon on your behalf and pocket the difference.
You can use Amazon as a fulfilment service. You can send all your stock to their warehouse and they will fulfil your eBay orders. It's not a drop shipping service, it's your own stock.
Edited by: "tpol" 14th Feb 2015
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants