Groups

Ebay parcel delivered to neighbour by mistake

Hi, I sold an item on Ebay and by mistake I put the wrong door number. The courier said the parcel was left outside and the person came out to be told that. Should I ask the buyer to check with this neighbour and hope everyone will be honest or write to the neighbour who got the parcel?

11 Comments

I would just message the buyer and say sorry I sent it to number xx can you pick it up from there.............. and hope for the best.

chance189

\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Hi, I sold an item on Ebay and by mistake I put … \x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Hi, I sold an item on Ebay and by mistake I put the wrong door number. The courier said the parcel was left outside and the person came out to be told that. Should I ask the buyer to check with this neighbour and hope everyone will be honest or write to the neighbour who got the parcel?\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09

I wouldn't use them again.

Original Poster

charles.w

I wouldn't use them again.

Lol, they left it behind the bin to be exact X)

Doesnt sound like it will end well unless they are good neighbours.... too many dishonest people these days

Did the parcel require a signature / did anyone (the courier perhaps) sign for it?

Having experienced an 'item not received' claim where I had to refund the buyer, I now send everything recorded / signed for delivery as it's the only way to protect you the 'seller'.

chance189

Lol, they left it behind the bin to be exact X)

Maybe its still there?!

After having to start refunding around 20% of my buyers I have not sold anything on ebay for abut 4 years. I either sell on sphock or just give the items away rather than get ripped off.

Original Poster

coopern1

Maybe its still there?!

The delivery man says they called out to the person as she came out the house X)

I live at house number 85, a few years ago I bought a phone on eBay for about £200. The buyer had my correct address as it's just the one registered and I never change it (wait a moment did they message you a different address or was it the one registered? Sounds a bit like a scam to me, if you sent it to their registered address then it's their problem if they gave you the wrong one).

Anyway back to the phone. The buyer must have just been elsewhere when they wrote the address because they sent it to house number 86. Now my stree has odds and evens on different sides of the road so number 86 is half way down the street and not next door.

The package was sent recorded delivery and it hadn't arrived after a couple of days so I checked Royal Mails website, it said a red card had been left, but ofc I hadn't gotten one, that's when I realised the wrong number.

So did I message the seller and demand a refund or that they sort it out? No I just knocked at this persons house, explained the mistake and they still had the red card and so I used it to pick up my package from the sorting office.

The buyer sounds dodgy, they may have intentionally given you the wrong address, it's weird that they aren't just going to speak to the neighbour to collect the item themself.

Was it a high value item? Perhaps phone ebay and explain the situation. But ultimately you have sent this to the address the buyer provided and have tracking information, so what can be said about you?

farmlama58 m ago

I live at house number 85, a few years ago I bought a phone on eBay for …I live at house number 85, a few years ago I bought a phone on eBay for about £200. The buyer had my correct address as it's just the one registered and I never change it (wait a moment did they message you a different address or was it the one registered? Sounds a bit like a scam to me, if you sent it to their registered address then it's their problem if they gave you the wrong one).Anyway back to the phone. The buyer must have just been elsewhere when they wrote the address because they sent it to house number 86. Now my stree has odds and evens on different sides of the road so number 86 is half way down the street and not next door.The package was sent recorded delivery and it hadn't arrived after a couple of days so I checked Royal Mails website, it said a red card had been left, but ofc I hadn't gotten one, that's when I realised the wrong number.So did I message the seller and demand a refund or that they sort it out? No I just knocked at this persons house, explained the mistake and they still had the red card and so I used it to pick up my package from the sorting office.The buyer sounds dodgy, they may have intentionally given you the wrong address, it's weird that they aren't just going to speak to the neighbour to collect the item themself. Was it a high value item? Perhaps phone ebay and explain the situation. But ultimately you have sent this to the address the buyer provided and have tracking information, so what can be said about you?

Did you even read the op? The SELLER put the wrong address.

MadeDixonsCry

Did you even read the op? The SELLER put the wrong address.

Oh I see, I don't even know how I managed to read that wrong. Too early in the morning and I hadn't woken up yet I think lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.918
      2. One thing you've forgotten79
      3. Get an annual MOT reminder714
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185

See more discussions