Ebay Pay When You Sell CON BE CAREFUL

Found 1st Aug
As much as offer sounds good it says free to list but then it says you'll get charged 35p if it sells as well as final value fees so be careful if you have this.
Community Updates
Misc
22 Comments
as info post moved to misc Thanks
Yea, 'offer automatically applied'... Bloody eBay
That’s rubbish. I sell a lot of low value items so taking an additional 35p is a lot. Cause they aren’t making money hand over fist as it is
This one could bite ebay on the ****.

One of the pluses of ebay is the fact it tends to be the cheapest place to buy small, low value items online. If sellers have to add 35p to their prices to cover the extra fee that won't necessarily be the case any more.
Only just noticed it in my inbox yet its not on my other account so guess which one I'll be listing on.
Crap spoke to soon just had same message in my other acc anyone else getting this offer?
Edited by: "gemvis" 1st Aug
spoo20 m ago

This one could bite ebay on the ****. One of the pluses of ebay is the …This one could bite ebay on the ****. One of the pluses of ebay is the fact it tends to be the cheapest place to buy small, low value items online. If sellers have to add 35p to their prices to cover the extra fee that won't necessarily be the case any more.

Agree, I've got a few things listed which only earn me about 40p, I'm obviously not going to waste my time with this BS.
gemvis14 m ago

Crap spoke to soon just had same message in my other acc anyone else …Crap spoke to soon just had same message in my other acc anyone else getting this offer?

I've only had it on my main account so far, the lesser one doesn't seem to have the 'offer'.
Edsaid10 m ago

Agree, I've got a few things listed which only earn me about 40p, I'm …Agree, I've got a few things listed which only earn me about 40p, I'm obviously not going to waste my time with this BS. I've only had it on my main account so far, the lesser one doesn't seem to have the 'offer'.

Keep an eye on it.
I've just been on the chat to complain, and they're apparently forwarding my concerns to promotions team, so change is definitely afoot...
Worth noting though that the 20 fee free listings is still in place, but there's no longer 100 free typical listings
Edsaid10 m ago

I've just been on the chat to complain, and they're apparently forwarding …I've just been on the chat to complain, and they're apparently forwarding my concerns to promotions team, so change is definitely afoot...Worth noting though that the 20 fee free listings is still in place, but there's no longer 100 free typical listings

Personally cant see them doing anything BUT i have been thinking and i bet they do the £1 fvf offer this weekend to sweeten it obviously there still onto a winner because of the 35p but im sure people will ignore that over the £1 fee espicially on items worth more than £13.50
Edited by: "gemvis" 1st Aug
gemvis3 m ago

Personally cant see them doing anything BUT i have been thinking and i bet …Personally cant see them doing anything BUT i have been thinking and i bet they do the £1 fvf offer this weekend to sweeten it.

They won't change, but I may stop selling. It's just not worth it. I can sell 20 items a months, and wait for those £1 offers every now and again for more valuable items (which unfortunately are not useful for lower value, higher volume sales)
Edsaid4 m ago

They won't change, but I may stop selling. It's just not worth it. I can …They won't change, but I may stop selling. It's just not worth it. I can sell 20 items a months, and wait for those £1 offers every now and again for more valuable items (which unfortunately are not useful for lower value, higher volume sales)

Let me know if it appears on your other acc.
I went on chat yesterday to see why this was and they’ve just changed their terms and conditions, you need to make sure your listing has two things. You need to have it set to automatically relist so if it doesn’t sell they will post it again and you must allow offers on your listings, but you’re under no obligation to accept any offers. Hope this helps some people
carysleah_xo2 m ago

I went on chat yesterday to see why this was and they’ve just changed t …I went on chat yesterday to see why this was and they’ve just changed their terms and conditions, you need to make sure your listing has two things. You need to have it set to automatically relist so if it doesn’t sell they will post it again and you must allow offers on your listings, but you’re under no obligation to accept any offers. Hope this helps some people

You have no choice here with this it just says you'll get charged the 35p if it sells so only way to avoid it is not list.
Where does it say this? Reading through the terms and conditions I can't see any reference to 35p?

What is the promotion? Create your listing(s) in an eligible category during the promotion period using the auction-style or fixed price format and you won’t pay an insertion fee per listing (promotional rate) during the promotion period.

The number of listings eligible under this promotion is limited to 100 listings per day or by your seller restrictions, whichever you reach first. Click here to learn more about selling limits.

Insertion fees for 1 day & 3 days duration listings, listing upgrade fees, automatically relisted listing fees and final value fees will still apply.

Where is it? eBay.co.uk

Who is eligible? eBay.co.uk registered private sellers only. Participation is linked to the seller’s account and is not transferable. Sellers must be registered as a resident in the UK.

When is it? Valid as per the date shown on the marketing communication.

Only listings which start during the promotion period are eligible. Please refer to “How do I get the promotional rate?” for more details.

How do I get the promotional rate?
  • Only items listed on eBay.co.uk using the auction-style (excluding 1 & 3 days duration) or fixed price (excluding 3 days duration) format in an eligible category are included. Listings using the auction-style with Buy it now format will be charged only the listing upgrade fee.
  • Only sellers whose accounts meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards are eligible. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. The Seller dashboard is available to all sellers. The detailed rating section is available to sellers who've received 5 or more detailed seller ratings (DSRs). Find out more about eBay’s seller performance standards.
  • If you registered after 15 March 2011 or haven’t listed any items for a while, you may have a listing allowance of 10 items per month or of £650 per month, whichever is reached first. You may be able to increase this allowance by providing additional verification.
  • Any eligible item previously scheduled to go live during the promotional period will qualify for the promotion.
  • If an item that is eligible for the promotion had previously closed without a successful sale and is re-listed during the promotion period, it will be eligible to the promotion. You will not receive a refund of your original insertion fee if the item sells.
  • Items that are automatically relisted through the Automatic relist function or the Good ‘Till Cancelled function will get charged.
  • For items listed in 2 or more categories, only the insertion fee for the first category will be eligible for the promotion. Standard insertion fees will be charged for listing the same item for each additional category, according to the eBay fees policy.
  • Free listings in this promotion do not count towards your monthly 20 free listings
Restrictions & exclusions
  • Business sellers and/or PowerSellers.
  • 1 day & 3 days duration listings (1 day auction, 3 days auction, 3 days fixed price)
  • All items listed in the Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles and Property categories. However items listed in the Vehicle Parts & Accessories category are included.
  • Items listed in the Classified format.
  • Listings that are automatically relisted through the Automatic relist function or the Good ‘Till Cancelled function during the promotional period.
  • Identical listings that don’t comply with our duplicate listings policy.
  • Any items listed that don’t comply with eBay’s listing policies or prohibited and restricted items policies.
  • Any item listed during the promotional period but scheduled to start after the promotional period.
  • Listing upgrade fees and final value fees will still apply. PayPal and other third-party fees still apply.
General terms
  • eBay reserves the right to suspend, change or cancel the promotion at any time, in the event of circumstances arising which, in eBay's opinion, make it necessary for it to do so. eBay reserves the right to add additional terms and conditions for certain parts of this promotion.
  • eBay also reserves the right to exclude users on the basis that their seller accounts have fallen below the minimum required seller performance standards. Sellers should confirm eligibility by checking their account status on My eBay.
  • The decision of eBay regarding any aspect of this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
I've been listing a lot of things privatly on my phone until it started asking for 35p. I thought I'd hit a limit but what they did to me is to obtain free listings you have to put best offer on. They have been turning it on by stealth a few months ago, now they are forcing you to turn idiots on.
Satan_Claws17 m ago

Where does it say this? Reading through the terms and conditions I can't …Where does it say this? Reading through the terms and conditions I can't see any reference to 35p? What is the promotion? Create your listing(s) in an eligible category during the promotion period using the auction-style or fixed price format and you won’t pay an insertion fee per listing (promotional rate) during the promotion period. The number of listings eligible under this promotion is limited to 100 listings per day or by your seller restrictions, whichever you reach first. Click here to learn more about selling limits. Insertion fees for 1 day & 3 days duration listings, listing upgrade fees, automatically relisted listing fees and final value fees will still apply. Where is it? eBay.co.uk Who is eligible? eBay.co.uk registered private sellers only. Participation is linked to the seller’s account and is not transferable. Sellers must be registered as a resident in the UK. When is it? Valid as per the date shown on the marketing communication. Only listings which start during the promotion period are eligible. Please refer to “How do I get the promotional rate?” for more details. How do I get the promotional rate? Only items listed on eBay.co.uk using the auction-style (excluding 1 & 3 days duration) or fixed price (excluding 3 days duration) format in an eligible category are included. Listings using the auction-style with Buy it now format will be charged only the listing upgrade fee. Only sellers whose accounts meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards are eligible. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. The Seller dashboard is available to all sellers. The detailed rating section is available to sellers who've received 5 or more detailed seller ratings (DSRs). Find out more about eBay’s seller performance standards. If you registered after 15 March 2011 or haven’t listed any items for a while, you may have a listing allowance of 10 items per month or of £650 per month, whichever is reached first. You may be able to increase this allowance by providing additional verification. Any eligible item previously scheduled to go live during the promotional period will qualify for the promotion.If an item that is eligible for the promotion had previously closed without a successful sale and is re-listed during the promotion period, it will be eligible to the promotion. You will not receive a refund of your original insertion fee if the item sells. Items that are automatically relisted through the Automatic relist function or the Good ‘Till Cancelled function will get charged.For items listed in 2 or more categories, only the insertion fee for the first category will be eligible for the promotion. Standard insertion fees will be charged for listing the same item for each additional category, according to the eBay fees policy. Free listings in this promotion do not count towards your monthly 20 free listings Restrictions & exclusions Business sellers and/or PowerSellers. 1 day & 3 days duration listings (1 day auction, 3 days auction, 3 days fixed price)All items listed in the Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles and Property categories. However items listed in the Vehicle Parts & Accessories category are included. Items listed in the Classified format.Listings that are automatically relisted through the Automatic relist function or the Good ‘Till Cancelled function during the promotional period. Identical listings that don’t comply with our duplicate listings policy. Any items listed that don’t comply with eBay’s listing policies or prohibited and restricted items policies. Any item listed during the promotional period but scheduled to start after the promotional period. Listing upgrade fees and final value fees will still apply. PayPal and other third-party fees still apply. General terms eBay reserves the right to suspend, change or cancel the promotion at any time, in the event of circumstances arising which, in eBay's opinion, make it necessary for it to do so. eBay reserves the right to add additional terms and conditions for certain parts of this promotion. eBay also reserves the right to exclude users on the basis that their seller accounts have fallen below the minimum required seller performance standards. Sellers should confirm eligibility by checking their account status on My eBay.The decision of eBay regarding any aspect of this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

34571977-814kt.jpgThats where it says it had it in my inbox yesterday along with other people by sound of it.
gemvis54 m ago

[Image] Thats where it says it had it in my inbox yesterday along with …[Image] Thats where it says it had it in my inbox yesterday along with other people by sound of it.

Ah ok, that's different to the one I got.
spoo19 h, 38 m ago

This one could bite ebay on the ****. One of the pluses of ebay is the …This one could bite ebay on the ****. One of the pluses of ebay is the fact it tends to be the cheapest place to buy small, low value items online. If sellers have to add 35p to their prices to cover the extra fee that won't necessarily be the case any more.

Most of those will be sold by business sellers I imagine and they have very different pricing plans.
Yeah, I only just discovered this 35p added to the final value fee. Check invoices every couple of months and hadn't realised they'd changed that description of the offer either - you don't when you're doing it on your phone. Like other people's comments, who is going to buy a low value item from us eBay hobbyists if you have to add on 35p now. Better doing car boot or joining another free forum for selling. So of the items I've sold in the last couple of months, ended up paying in three cases for the pleasure of people buying eg. on an item selling at 49p, the fvf of 5p was ok, but now with the 35p insertion amount, eBay take 40p. Add on PayPals fee then i'm paying for someone to take it. Ridiculous situation and will stop me using eBay except for the true free insertion offers. Are they trying to get rid of true low margin, low value item hobbyists?
Harvabee3 m ago

Yeah, I only just discovered this 35p added to the final value fee. Check …Yeah, I only just discovered this 35p added to the final value fee. Check invoices every couple of months and hadn't realised they'd changed that description of the offer either - you don't when you're doing it on your phone. Like other people's comments, who is going to buy a low value item from us eBay hobbyists if you have to add on 35p now. Better doing car boot or joining another free forum for selling. So of the items I've sold in the last couple of months, ended up paying in three cases for the pleasure of people buying eg. on an item selling at 49p, the fvf of 5p was ok, but now with the 35p insertion amount, eBay take 40p. Add on PayPals fee then i'm paying for someone to take it. Ridiculous situation and will stop me using eBay except for the true free insertion offers. Are they trying to get rid of true low margin, low value item hobbyists?

You can't sell something for under 99p on eBay?
Harvabee6 m ago

Yeah, I only just discovered this 35p added to the final value fee. Check …Yeah, I only just discovered this 35p added to the final value fee. Check invoices every couple of months and hadn't realised they'd changed that description of the offer either - you don't when you're doing it on your phone. Like other people's comments, who is going to buy a low value item from us eBay hobbyists if you have to add on 35p now. Better doing car boot or joining another free forum for selling. So of the items I've sold in the last couple of months, ended up paying in three cases for the pleasure of people buying eg. on an item selling at 49p, the fvf of 5p was ok, but now with the 35p insertion amount, eBay take 40p. Add on PayPals fee then i'm paying for someone to take it. Ridiculous situation and will stop me using eBay except for the true free insertion offers. Are they trying to get rid of true low margin, low value item hobbyists?

Take advantage of the £1 and todays £3 fvf as even if you dont have items to that value there is NO 35p fee whilst listing within the promotion time.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants