Groups
    EXPIRED

eBay payment?

Sold items on eBay, not amounting to much, buyer has 0 feedback been member since oct 2010, from irland, they have just messaged me Saying can they pay via bank transfer, because they haven't got paypal, is this dodgy? What's the catch? Help appreciated. Thanks

13 Comments

if it was me i wouldn't report to ebay and relist

I would not others may feel different

i dont think you will be covered if it goes missing in the post, if you would rather not then maybe offer it to the next highest bidder.

I'd ask them to set up paypal. Ebay has been around so long now I tend to think most people with 0 feedback have had accounts before.

Have you asked them to set a paypal up?

Original Poster

Could ask them to pay via postal order or cheque?

Original Poster

jonny619447

I'd ask them to set up paypal. Ebay has been around so long now I tend to … I'd ask them to set up paypal. Ebay has been around so long now I tend to think most people with 0 feedback have had accounts before.Have you asked them to set a paypal up?

No I haven't, I'll message them & see what she/he says

sameena1

No I haven't, I'll message them & see what she/he says

If they say they can't then, that is because they have had one before and messed it up. If they have had a paypal account then they have also had an ebay account before.

I'd avoid them, just my opinion

Original Poster

Thanks messaged them, let's she what they say, thanks ppl

Personally i would accept the bank transfer. Not as if they can do a charge back, you just get paid and then post, job done.

Original Poster

InfernoGroup

Personally i would accept the bank transfer. Not as if they can do a … Personally i would accept the bank transfer. Not as if they can do a charge back, you just get paid and then post, job done.

But is there anyway they could scam you by doing Bt, getting your personal details etc , I've only ever sent money but not received via Bt

sameena1

But is there anyway they could scam you by doing Bt, getting your … But is there anyway they could scam you by doing Bt, getting your personal details etc , I've only ever sent money but not received via Bt

Thing is, if you are prepared to be trusted with BT then you should be prepared to trust with BT.

But on Ebay I would prefer to deal with Paypal only, but like I said thats my choice.

Paypal only no exceptions for new accounts. They've had the account long enough to sort out a paypal account plus they can pay easily setup a paypal account on the spot. With just a few details like your phone number, bank number, name and address is enough to do all sorts of wonders to obtain credit or other matters all in someone else's name.

Original Poster

She's sending p/o

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News45
    2. PlayStation Hacked Again?33
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?33193
    4. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1020

See more discussions