eBay Paypal question????

Found 28th May
Sold a remote control for a Sony Bravia television on 2nd of May and lost by Royal Mail so the buyer opened a request via eBay and my Paypal account went into a negative balance. come 18th of May the when the buyer was refunded I thought all good and well.

Today now I get a email saying they've deducted the amount from my Paypal again. Seems as though I've reimbursed the seller twice. For them to first of all to put my PayPal balance into a negative state and every other thing I sold afterwards was niggling away at the debt first then take it out again today could someone please help me understand or am I missing something?
Community Updates
PayPal
8 Comments
I have learnt the hard way. Rule 1 never ever sell on ebay only buy.
adamwilko00725 m ago

I have learnt the hard way. Rule 1 never ever sell on ebay only buy.

Thinking of it after this. Putting my account into a negative state then going back and taking more today
This happened to me, I refunded the buyer then PayPal did the same.
I had to give up with PayPal as they were useless, I contacted the buyer and they sent me back the overpayment.
PayPal do make mistakes like that, just give them a ring and they'll sort it out.

In my case both PayPal and eBay issued a refund instead of just one hence the double charge. It shouldn't be able to happen but it does.
Richard_Richard1 h, 45 m ago

PayPal do make mistakes like that, just give them a ring and they'll sort …PayPal do make mistakes like that, just give them a ring and they'll sort it out.In my case both PayPal and eBay issued a refund instead of just one hence the double charge. It shouldn't be able to happen but it does.

To be honest PayPal have been outstanding as their all based in either uk or Ireland. Tbh it's eBay who have lead me up the garden path. I'll just open a visa dispute with my bank instead of going around in circles and getting a headache will save a lot of time and stress. Thanks for your reply tho
Richard_Richard2 h, 37 m ago

PayPal do make mistakes like that, just give them a ring and they'll sort …PayPal do make mistakes like that, just give them a ring and they'll sort it out.In my case both PayPal and eBay issued a refund instead of just one hence the double charge. It shouldn't be able to happen but it does.

eBay really are useless aren't they? Rang eBay again no avail. Rang PayPal back third time and this advisor said "eBay haven't taken the fees off hold" so yep eBay and PayPal are as bad and get told things by different advisors. All sorted now and had my money
machomansavage56 m ago

eBay really are useless aren't they? Rang eBay again no avail. Rang PayPal …eBay really are useless aren't they? Rang eBay again no avail. Rang PayPal back third time and this advisor said "eBay haven't taken the fees off hold" so yep eBay and PayPal are as bad and get told things by different advisors. All sorted now and had my money

I've only had good experience of PayPal to be fair, once you get through their awful automated system that is, just keep saying advisor, I hate the computer responses.

Ebay on the other hand is pot luck, majority will only stick to a script, ebay have an Irish call centre too and that's the one you want. The overseas ones will in most cases completely stonewall you and offer no assistance.

Glad it has been sorted
Richard_Richard44 m ago

I've only had good experience of PayPal to be fair, once you get through …I've only had good experience of PayPal to be fair, once you get through their awful automated system that is, just keep saying advisor, I hate the computer responses.Ebay on the other hand is pot luck, majority will only stick to a script, ebay have an Irish call centre too and that's the one you want. The overseas ones will in most cases completely stonewall you and offer no assistance.Glad it has been sorted

Thanks Richard I have a trick for those PayPal automated options. If u keep pressing 0#0#0#0# it'll confuse system they'll end up putting u through quicker. I always do it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions