Found 16th Feb 2009
Any ideas why eBay wont let me charge for postage. It keeps saying this cant exceed £0.00?

It links me here for more info : pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml

16 Comments

What are you trying to list?

Original Poster

a DVD boxset

Ebay, in their wisdom, have decided that all DVDs must be postage free. Try listing it under a different catergory!

Original Poster

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/weirdoterry_2008/poop-1.jpg

Original Poster

The Doctor;4395715

Ebay, in their wisdom, have decided that all DVDs must be postage free. … Ebay, in their wisdom, have decided that all DVDs must be postage free. Try listing it under a different catergory!

WHAT Really. Thats so stupid. It obv costs quite a bit to send a DVD box set

yup ... all dvd's are free postage & so are games consoles accessoies and games :x

they are trying to get a bargain for the buyer but alienating sellers into selling for cheap .....

Original Poster

lol i listed it as dvd storage.

faevilangel;4395742

yup ... all dvd's are free postage & so are games consoles accessoies and … yup ... all dvd's are free postage & so are games consoles accessoies and games :xthey are trying to get a bargain for the buyer but alienating sellers into selling for cheap .....

I'd say there trying to bump there fees, as lets face it you can save yourself a packet by saying it costs 3.00 for delievery and lower the initial buy it cost. Saving you a bit. I've decided to only use ebay for items that won't sell elsewhere.

Original Poster

FLEAbay get worst every day.

REDRANGER86;4395754

lol i listed it as dvd storage.

Waiting for your next post about being robbed of your listing fee when ebay cancel your item:lol:

Original Poster

Shengis;4396143

Waiting for your next post about being robbed of your listing fee when … Waiting for your next post about being robbed of your listing fee when ebay cancel your item:lol:

more than likely.

I used to sell loads of rare dvds (yes there such things !) on flebay, but this is just stupid. A single dvd costs at least 70p to post a good jiffy bag or padded envelope is 25p so we're at a quid before even allowing for the time it takes to go to post office and get the proof of posting stamped up....

My next batch of dvd's will be going up here. . .

steve1221;4396357

I used to sell loads of rare dvds (yes there such things !) on flebay, … I used to sell loads of rare dvds (yes there such things !) on flebay, but this is just stupid. A single dvd costs at least 70p to post a good jiffy bag or padded envelope is 25p so we're at a quid before even allowing for the time it takes to go to post office and get the proof of posting stamped up....

So you include the postage in the sale price. Brain science, I got it :lol:

Have actually tried that and no one bought any. . . Ebay, of course, got their insertion fee which is all their bothered about.

Plus paypal fees. Ebay are screwing every casual seller over - the whole point ofthe site in the first place.

steve1221;4396553

Have actually tried that and no one bought any. . . Ebay, of course, got … Have actually tried that and no one bought any. . . Ebay, of course, got their insertion fee which is all their bothered about.

Yeah I know. Your prices are no longer attractive to the 'DVD rental' brigade. Ebay are clown shoes. I've just had to sort a FVF refund on a £6k item, some thick a***hole thought it would be funny to sign up and 'buy' the item.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4074
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions