Ebay Postage Help

Mod & Ed
I bought a new pair of mens jeans off ebay 10 days ago, but received instead a pair of age 9 girls, contacted the seller and they apologised and have said they are sending the correct pair out and can I send the wrong pair back, which of course I will do, but they have said that they will not pay for the £5.25 postage for me to return them, I feel since it wasn't my fault that they sent the wrong pair to me I shouldn't have to pay for their mistake. I paid by paypal.
Do you think I'm just being petty?

11 Comments

no - you are not being petty - [email protected]@dy cheek of the seller really

when you receive the correct item - use the wrapping and write on - return to sender -

also tell her you will neg as service was bad

I don't think your being petty. Demand your jeans to be sent to you first. Then just don't send them back until they fork out a refund.

Tell seller its not up to you to pay for there mistake.
Start a dispute with paypal.
Get all your money back.
The seller is trying it on.

Banned

easiest is just return to sender not at this address.:thumbsup:

If it's going be awkward then you could go through Paypal,but Paypal will expect you to return them anyway at your cost so either way you lose out on postage.
If I made a mistake with posting someone wrong item then I would correct it at my cost.

Original Poster Mod & Ed

Thanks for all your advice

if the seller sends the right pair before you send the wrong pair back, stick them in a jiffy bag with a 2nd class stamp, the seller will have to pay the rest to get them back

I would keep quiet until you have received the correct pair of jeans then you are in the driving seat. I would then contact the seller to say that if they want the wrong pair of jeans back then they will have to send the return postage. They can't leave you negative feedback but you can for him so play on that and do, there's no way you should pay the return p&p, on the few times I've made an error on ebay then I've always paid the return postage.

If you package it up convincingly enough, you can send it back marked as Return To Sender and it won't cost you a penny.

just wait til you receive the correct pair then dont even bother sending hers back unless she pays you the money, she cant leave you neg feedback anyway so balls to her I say, the ruddy cheek of it !!!!!

jambo1082;5928906

if the seller sends the right pair before you send the wrong pair back, … if the seller sends the right pair before you send the wrong pair back, stick them in a jiffy bag with a 2nd class stamp, the seller will have to pay the rest to get them back

+1
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Nightmare with BT over Broadband1011
    2. Best £500 student laptop choice?22
    3. How much would I get for iPhone 6S 64gb rose gold unlocked like new conditi…44
    4. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming33

See more discussions