eBay postage royal mail Corona Virus

Posted 17th Mar
I noticed on prime now they're not offering next day delivery anymore it's a week instead.

I sell a few bits on eBay from blu ray collection
Are postage going be delayed are we Going to get a lot of not received parcel complaints ?

Should I end my listings now ? I have a few parcels to post tomorrow and Don't no to cancel the orders or not.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
I’m a postman and currently we are still working with no changes so everything will be just as quick once we get them. Anyone ordering from amazon will get the delay in Amazon side not royal mails..
Royal Mail and their staff are amazing and deserve full praise their work will be vital through this....
Alf.Garnett17/03/2020 18:51

Thank for the reply I still think I mite end my listings as things may …Thank for the reply I still think I mite end my listings as things may change in near future?

We’ve just been updated with changes and all they are is we have to keep away from people, we just sign for everything ourselves and leave parcels in step and step away and wait for the door. I really wouldn’t worry about the next week or 2, Royal Mail won’t stop delivering as a precaution they’ll only stop when they need to.
22 Comments
Why would you cancel your orders and listings? Just go ahead and send them, the postal service is still running as normal, there's absolutely no need whatsoever to stop doing your eBay stuff. And just in case someone happens to be in self-isolation they are probably looking forward to receiving DVDs to help pass the time.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 17th Mar
I’m a postman and currently we are still working with no changes so everything will be just as quick once we get them. Anyone ordering from amazon will get the delay in Amazon side not royal mails..
toonsquirel17/03/2020 18:49

I’m a postman and currently we are still working with no changes so e …I’m a postman and currently we are still working with no changes so everything will be just as quick once we get them. Anyone ordering from amazon will get the delay in Amazon side not royal mails..

Thank for the reply I still think I mite end my listings as things may change in near future?
It will have changed because of too much demand

Thank for the reply I still think I mite end my listings as things may …Thank for the reply I still think I mite end my listings as things may change in near future?

We’ve just been updated with changes and all they are is we have to keep away from people, we just sign for everything ourselves and leave parcels in step and step away and wait for the door. I really wouldn’t worry about the next week or 2, Royal Mail won’t stop delivering as a precaution they’ll only stop when they need to.
Amazon warehouse staff have to do compulsory overtime, there has been a huge increase in orders. That's why next day delivery has been removed, not because the drivers and off sick.
Random Anker tat still available on one-day delivery to local Post Office so don't see any issue on Tues 17 March 2020:

40125709-LyfP4.jpg
toonsquirel17/03/2020 18:53

We’ve just been updated with changes and all they are is we have to keep a …We’ve just been updated with changes and all they are is we have to keep away from people, we just sign for everything ourselves and leave parcels in step and step away and wait for the door. I really wouldn’t worry about the next week or 2, Royal Mail won’t stop delivering as a precaution they’ll only stop when they need to.

Great information cheers,

It looks like you are trying to find a problem that isn't actually there. If things change at some point that is one thing but there is no indication that this is anything to worry about right now. When it comes to Christmas time, for example, items sometimes take a little longer to be delivered and it isn't a problem so why do you think that people would start complaining now *if* it just so happened at some point that items took an extra couple of days to arrive?
OllieSt17/03/2020 19:03

Worth noting this too[Image]

i was thinking the other day that they should stop asking people to sign for online grocery deliveries as well. they should also start deliveries with bags again and just leave the bags outside the property and not go inside.
mutley117/03/2020 19:07

i was thinking the other day that they should stop asking people to sign …i was thinking the other day that they should stop asking people to sign for online grocery deliveries as well. they should also start deliveries with bags again and just leave the bags outside the property and not go inside.

Most are.

Tesco - “They will put food into plastic bags which will be left outside the front door – this will not affect food quality.

Morrisons - "This will include placing your order on your doorstep and contacting you via telephone to ensure it's received"
OllieSt17/03/2020 19:03

Worth noting this too[Image]

I believe proof of delivery is sufficient to satisfy ebay / PayPal delivery confirmation expectations, so non-signed confirmed by 3rd party (Royal Mail) should be fine, same as RMs other confirmed delivery services are.
Happy to stand corrected if ebay / PP absolutely do require signature rather than just delivery service confirmation.
Royal Mail and their staff are amazing and deserve full praise their work will be vital through this....
I ordered two things yesterday that came today. It’s things that are in demand that are longer delivery.

Two of the delivery offices in my region have failed 50% of their rounds in the last few days. Lot of staff off work self isolating so yes of course mail may be delayed.
JumpMan198017/03/2020 21:09

Two of the delivery offices in my region have failed 50% of their rounds …Two of the delivery offices in my region have failed 50% of their rounds in the last few days. Lot of staff off work self isolating so yes of course mail may be delayed.

Wonder how many staff are genuinely sick. To easy to fake sickness. Shame for such a important service. You would have thought royal mail and other delivery companies taking more precautions and stepping up hygiene practices?
Edited by: "AnkerMan" 17th Mar
Amazon are stopping sellers sending some goods for FBA, so the amount of prime items might significantly decrease. They want to use the space for their own goods. Saw this on the tamebay site today.
Perhaps cancel any non essential deliveries.
AnkerMan17/03/2020 21:42

Wonder how many staff are genuinely sick. To easy to fake sickness. Shame …Wonder how many staff are genuinely sick. To easy to fake sickness. Shame for such a important service. You would have thought royal mail and other delivery companies taking more precautions and stepping up hygiene practices?

They may not be infected, yet, but there is self preservation logic & that of those close to you in thinking your work is not worth the risk. Right?
JumpMan198018/03/2020 06:52

They may not be infected, yet, but there is self preservation logic & …They may not be infected, yet, but there is self preservation logic & that of those close to you in thinking your work is not worth the risk. Right?

Certain jobs like policing and NHS are essential to the public. I feel the same way about the post as I don't just get birthday cards or Xmas cards in the mail. Can you imagine if you had these other services running at 50% capacity because staff weren't turning up.
I am taking care of myself and others while continuing to work. I don't get sick pay because self employed. Sick pay is a privalege and not something to be abused,
If at some point royal mail have to bring on temps to fill these empty slots, hope they give these people permanent positions after this event.
AnkerMan18/03/2020 10:35

Certain jobs like policing and NHS are essential to the public. I feel the …Certain jobs like policing and NHS are essential to the public. I feel the same way about the post as I don't just get birthday cards or Xmas cards in the mail. Can you imagine if you had these other services running at 50% capacity because staff weren't turning up. I am taking care of myself and others while continuing to work. I don't get sick pay because self employed. Sick pay is a privalege and not something to be abused, If at some point royal mail have to bring on temps to fill these empty slots, hope they give these people permanent positions after this event.

All fair points!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants