Found 2nd Sep 2009
I recently purchased an item on eBay which required extra P&P costs for 1st class recorded which I paid as soon as I won the item. It arrived today 6DAYS after I won and paid for the item, am I entitled to leave neutral feedback?

P.S reason I bought this item and not others was purely because it seemed I would get the item quickly

31 Comments

Every item on ebay has an "expected dispatch time" what does that say?
Does it have a post mark? Remember it was a bank holiday so anything posted Saturday afternoon, sunday or Monday was not going to turn up till today anyway.

Original Poster

Titchimp;6184355

Every item on ebay has an "expected dispatch time" what does that say? … Every item on ebay has an "expected dispatch time" what does that say? Does it have a post mark? Remember it was a bank holiday so anything posted Saturday afternoon, sunday or Monday was not going to turn up till today anyway.

he posted it yesterday....

do you think i can leave neutral feedback?

As long as he posted 1st class recorded. Theres nothing you can do.

Plus paying extra for recorded postage actually is likely to slow it down as it requires the seller to find time to go to the post office.

cribert;6184366

he posted it yesterday....do you think i can leave neutral feedback?

No, you paid because it was First class recorded. You didnt see the expected handling time etc. You got the item via 1st class recorded.

Original Poster

strike;6184386

No, you paid because it was First class recorded. You didnt see the … No, you paid because it was First class recorded. You didnt see the expected handling time etc

ok cheers:thumbsup: ill just leave him 'rotten' positive feedback:p

Swings and roundabouts, did they say it would be dispatched immediately if paying for 1st class recorded?
What was the postmarked date on the packet?
Paying for 1st class means just that, if they posted by the method you paid for then theres nothing you can say really, 6 Days is not an excessive wait in my opinion. I'd just leave them a lower DSR on the delivery times after checking the postmark.

If the option is there for recorded I never pay the extra as all you are doing is paying for what is their responsibility anyway, whether or not its sent recorded its still up to the seller to ensure you receive it, even if you didn't pay the "optional" extra.

I avoid sellers like the plague who say something along the lines of if you don't pay extra then we will take no liability as you know if it go's belly up they will be a nightmare to deal with to rectify.

Banned

NO, I would like to know your ebay id tho, so sellers can block you, firstly it's a bank holiday, so besides the extra day, I always allow for another whilst they play catch up and secondly the postal service is still playing catch up from the strikes, I am still getting delayed mail now from some areas.
What a nightmare out of those 6 days only 3 have been working days, so it's about right, demanding buyer alert or what!

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;6184399

NO, I would like to know your ebay id tho, so sellers can block you, … NO, I would like to know your ebay id tho, so sellers can block you, firstly it's a bank holiday, so besides the extra day, I always allow for another whilst they play catch up and secondly the postal service is still playing catch up from the strikes, I am still getting delayed mail now from some areas.What a nightmare out of those 6 days only 3 have been working days, so it's about right, demanding buyer alert or what!

okokok no need to get angry i wasn't sure!

Personally i wouldnt leave neutral.. but i sell lots and it annoys me when we get a neutral for something like that. If you bought it last thursday it didnt leave them much of a window to post before the bank holiday

I would say no, If it was coming from England you need to remember it was a bank holiday last weekend and recorded doesn't guarantee faster delivery, Check the date on the postage label/stamp for the date it was posted if its not within the sellers gauranteed time of posting after payment has been recieved then it's royal mails fault and you can't blame them for that, If you wanted it fasted you should have payed for next day delivery.

Original Poster

harlzter;6184396

Swings and roundabouts, did they say it would be dispatched immediately … Swings and roundabouts, did they say it would be dispatched immediately if paying for 1st class recorded?What was the postmarked date on the packet?Paying for 1st class means just that, if they posted by the method you paid for then theres nothing you can say really, 6 Days is not an excessive wait in my opinion. I'd just leave them a lower DSR on the delivery times after checking the postmark.If the option is there for recorded I never pay the extra as all you are doing is paying for what is their responsibility anyway, whether or not its sent recorded its still up to the seller to ensure you receive it, even if you didn't pay the "optional" extra.I avoid sellers like the plague who say something along the lines of if you don't pay extra then we will take no liability as you know if it go's belly up they will be a nightmare to deal with to rectify.

yep dispatched immediately but i dont think i have the right to give neutral feedback. Just annoys me how on eBay you pay more for things, paypal and ebay rip the fees then the postage is slow. on here there are no fees, its easier to contact people and much quicker delivery

Original Poster

Titchimp;6184407

Personally i wouldnt leave neutral.. but i sell lots and it annoys me … Personally i wouldnt leave neutral.. but i sell lots and it annoys me when we get a neutral for something like that. If you bought it last thursday it didnt leave them much of a window to post before the bank holiday

fair enough cheers:thumbsup:

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;6184399

NO, I would like to know your ebay id tho, so sellers can block you, … NO, I would like to know your ebay id tho, so sellers can block you, firstly it's a bank holiday, so besides the extra day, I always allow for another whilst they play catch up and secondly the postal service is still playing catch up from the strikes, I am still getting delayed mail now from some areas.What a nightmare out of those 6 days only 3 have been working days, so it's about right, demanding buyer alert or what!

i dont think you have a point about the postal strikes, ive bought things from england over the last few weeks and there have been no delays

Titchimp;6184407

Personally i wouldnt leave neutral.. but i sell lots and it annoys me … Personally i wouldnt leave neutral.. but i sell lots and it annoys me when we get a neutral for something like that. If you bought it last thursday it didnt leave them much of a window to post before the bank holiday

exactly :thumbsup:

Banned

cribert;6184405

okokok no need to get angry i wasn't sure!

With all due respect it's buyers like you that cause a nightmare for sellers, at least you had the foresight to ask, before charging in with a neg/neut.
People want things yesterday, if you stopped to think yourself you would realise since Thursday this is only the 3rd working day, not unreasonable, then you would of had your answer:)

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;6184488

With all due respect it's buyers like you that cause a nightmare for … With all due respect it's buyers like you that cause a nightmare for sellers, at least you had the foresight to ask, before charging in with a neg/neut.People want things yesterday, if you stopped to think yourself you would realise since Thursday this is only the 3rd working day, not unreasonable, then you would of had your answer:)

i will leave positive feedback, just that whenever someone buys from me i post the same day, so for instance if he posted thursday it would come at latest saturday, get my point?

cribert;6184497

i will leave positive feedback, just that whenever someone buys from me i … i will leave positive feedback, just that whenever someone buys from me i post the same day, so for instance if he posted thursday it would come at latest saturday, get my point?

Well i for one, go to the post office when i have multiple to send next day.

post office may not be close etc, he may be busy

If i sold something on Thursday i would have endeavoured to post it Friday/Saturday BUT having said that,it's not a long wait given they couldn't mail it Sunday OR Monday.

It just seems longer because it was a long weekend.

I'd NEVER leave bad feedback because the seller didn't despatch for a couple of days.

If you feel the seller should have despatched quicker then mark the DSR's down,personally i wouldn't but its your call:thumbsup:

cribert;6184497

i will leave positive feedback, just that whenever someone buys from me i … i will leave positive feedback, just that whenever someone buys from me i post the same day, so for instance if he posted thursday it would come at latest saturday, get my point?

You dont need to leave any feedback if your not happy, 6 days is perfectly reasonable considering its a bank holiday etc,

cribert;6184497

A strange concept i know but not everyone can do that as they have a job :giggle:

Sloth/Mod

Have you even looked at the date stamp on the envelope...............let's not forget how bad Royal Mail can be.

p.s - Morning Debz...........see you soon. :evil:

Banned

cribert;6184497

Yes I do, but not everyone can do that, the business I help with has same day dispatch before 3 then next working day, but some people CAN'T get to a po or have enough to be picked up.
That's why ebay allows a seller techinically 7 days to dispatch. The fact you were thinking of giving a neut when it's only the 3rd day, screams impatience, tbh.

Original Poster

deb8z;6184546

A strange concept i know but not everyone can do that as they have a job … A strange concept i know but not everyone can do that as they have a job :giggle:

:roll:i also have a job i usually go on my lunch break to post things:x

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;6184555

Yes I do, but not everyone can do that, the business I help with has same … Yes I do, but not everyone can do that, the business I help with has same day dispatch before 3 then next working day, but some people CAN'T get to a po or have enough to be picked up.That's why ebay allows a seller techinically 7 days to dispatch. The fact you were thinking of giving a neut when it's only the 3rd day, screams impatience, tbh.

thats because i am impatient:p i will leave good feedback though

Syzable;6184549

Have you even looked at the date stamp on the … Have you even looked at the date stamp on the envelope...............let's not forget how bad Royal Mail can be.p.s - Morning Debz...........see you soon. :evil:

Hey you x

I'm still laughing about your ears:w00t:

cribert;6184568

:roll:i also have a job i usually go on my lunch break to post things:x

Not everyone can take everything they are selling to work to despatch it in their lunch hour:?

Banned

cribert;6184573

thats because i am impatient:p i will leave good feedback though

:lol:

Sloth/Mod

deb8z;6184575

Hey you xI'm still laughing about your ears:w00t:

They will never be the same again...........there are things that people just shouldn't hear. :x :lol:

Original Poster

deb8z;6184590

Not everyone can take everything they are selling to work to despatch it … Not everyone can take everything they are selling to work to despatch it in their lunch hour:?

but you were making me out to be some sort of 'bum'

closed @ op request.thank you

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226663
  2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3492
  3. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!1526
  4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247674
  5. Stock informer48

See more discussions