Groups

ebay postcode

Here's a trick I found for getting ebay sellers postcode.

If you fill in a add on Shiply parcel delivery service and enter the item number it will tell you the sellers postcode.

You do not have to post the ad on Shiply.

This is handy if the seller is reluctant to share his postcode information.

12 Comments

Why would you need to do that,if they are a business seller the info is listed on the auction and if you've bought something from a seller you can pull their contact details.

Original Poster

I paid via Paypal once and there was no contact details available, also you can get the postcode before you bid or buy good for checking out the seller without them knowing.
    Edited by: "markvirgo" 18th Aug 2010

markvirgo

I paid via Paypal once and there was no contact details available, also … I paid via Paypal once and there was no contact details available, also you can get the postcode before you bid or buy good for checking out the seller without them knowing.

I can't imagine it would be much use to many people,but there's always one lol

deb8z

I can't imagine it would be much use to many people,but there's always … I can't imagine it would be much use to many people,but there's always one lol

I buy quite a few local pick up only items so being able to find the area first lets me know whether or not its worth the trip (or in my case asking someone for a lift there and back), handy to know without having to ask the seller all the time.

As i say, i don't see it being useful myself,you can search items within so many miles of your postcode anyway.

Banned

it can also be wrong
    just checked it on one of my auctions and it gave a postcode for an address I moved from 3 years ago.
    Both my ebay and paypal accounts were changed within a few days of me moving so its not like I forgot or anything.

???

Banned

This thread is a bit creepy, why are you looking up peoples postcodes? Are you some sort of sex offender?

Original Poster

DJ1

This thread is a bit creepy, why are you looking up peoples postcodes? … This thread is a bit creepy, why are you looking up peoples postcodes? Are you some sort of sex offender?

Only at the weekend!

No seriously. I had an experience where a company that was selling on there would not give me their address and I did not receive the goods. Ebay would not supply the contact details as they said the company had said I was causing them trouble.

I only do this for high price items or if I would be collecting the item to work out distance.
    One day you may need to do this.

I don't sit there randomly getting postcodes.
    Edited by: "markvirgo" 19th Aug 2010

Here's a trick I found for getting ebay sellers postcode.

If you fill in a add on Shiply parcel delivery service and enter the item number it will tell you the sellers postcode.

You do not have to post the ad on Shiply.

This is handy if the seller is reluctant to share his postcode information

hi there, my name is joe saunders someone has listing a car on ebay and the car has ended with a buy a now any way i can get his contact details ????? i have send him a message through ebay but no reply anyway i can get his contact details and ring him up and speak to him ??? any ideas let me know cheers

joesaunders

Here's a trick I found for getting ebay sellers postcode. If you fill in … Here's a trick I found for getting ebay sellers postcode. If you fill in a add on Shiply parcel delivery service and enter the item number it will tell you the sellers postcode. You do not have to post the ad on Shiply. This is handy if the seller is reluctant to share his postcode informationhi there, my name is joe saunders someone has listing a car on ebay and the car has ended with a buy a now any way i can get his contact details ????? i have send him a message through ebay but no reply anyway i can get his contact details and ring him up and speak to him ??? any ideas let me know cheers

Not if you didn't buy the car.
    Edited by: "TUSSFC" 12th Feb 2011

Banned

joesaunders

Here's a trick I found for getting ebay sellers postcode. If you fill in … Here's a trick I found for getting ebay sellers postcode. If you fill in a add on Shiply parcel delivery service and enter the item number it will tell you the sellers postcode. You do not have to post the ad on Shiply. This is handy if the seller is reluctant to share his postcode informationhi there, my name is joe saunders someone has listing a car on ebay and the car has ended with a buy a now any way i can get his contact details ????? i have send him a message through ebay but no reply anyway i can get his contact details and ring him up and speak to him ??? any ideas let me know cheers

so someone else won and you want to outbid them off auction

Nice!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1219
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2487
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1117
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?917

See more discussions