ebay p&p question?

Hi guys I know a lot of you ebay stuff - WTF did they do to the postage options when your listing something.

I'm going to send it recorded and it's only a cable so should cost £2ish but whatever option I choose ebay seems to think it will be free to post and keeps saying

'Postage cost - P&P cost in this category can't be more than £0.00. Learn more. '

Can't you choose how much p&p to charge people any more?

Thanks,
worto.

9 Comments

Not in all categories - it stemmed from games where some folk were charging extortionate P&P and selling items for a few pence (the total coming out to a more realistic figure) - ebay fees are only payable on the game so ebay were losing out - and they cottoned on .......................................................

yep they changed it in certain sections you have to send it free of charge

they have gone a bit overboard on p & p charges

gets even worse sept. especially in media section

books section same - no more than 2.49 i think - i was going to sell craft book - [email protected]@dy heavy but there was no way i could have posted it for that

still cant knock ebay though as it is the major place to sell stuff -

just send it 2nd class and be done with it

Original Poster

oh right - could just send it 2nd class then but I thought it was best to send everything recorded in case of paypal disputes?

Ebay used to be alright a few years back. but now its one of the worst money grabbing companies along with the likes of Moneysoft (Microsoft)
10 freaking percent final value fee + extra crap on the listing fee + no P+P
you may as well give the item away for most items as it will be hard to make a profit

Original Poster

yeah I think I agree with a lot of that - I'm only listing cheap stuff that I'll freecycle if it doesn't sell so it's not so bad for me - I'm not trying to make a living out of it but I expected the buyer to cover my p&p then anything else is a bonus\profit.

I think i'll just go for the 2nd class option.

Banned

madinternetuser;6033137

yep they changed it in certain sections you have to send it free of charge

:thumbsup::thumbsup::w00t::santa:

Banned

DarkKnight;6033205

Ebay used to be alright a few years back. but now its one of the worst … Ebay used to be alright a few years back. but now its one of the worst money grabbing companies along with the likes of Moneysoft (Microsoft)10 freaking percent final value fee + extra crap on the listing fee + no P+Pyou may as well give the item away for most items as it will be hard to make a profit

not everything is 10% fvf or free postage:)

Banned

i know. i listed some ds games and it had to be free postage, but when i listed them i just put it in the listing [in red so they see it] what the postage cost is going to be and that i would add it to the invoice at the end of the auction. they all sold.
ebay are getting unreal.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047166
    2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1212
    3. Cat Chat77739
    4. word association Game74044560

See more discussions