Ebay problem

I sold a game at ebay. Send by 1st Record Mail. It show on Royal Mail website that the item have been delivered and signed for. But buyer insist he don't have it. What can I do?

16 Comments

when he starts a paypal dispute for item not recieved (i take it he used paypal?) just enter the tracking number,paypal will review it and track it themselves and see it has been delivered so they wont give him back the payment

give the buyer the tracking number and tell him to go view it on RM website for himself too

Original Poster

Yes, he paid paypal. And I already gave him the tracking number but he still emailing me and said he don't have the game.
I told him there is not much I can do. It show item have been delivered and signed.
Thanks for the advice anyway.

minnie77;4003930

Yes, he paid paypal. And I already gave him the tracking number but he … Yes, he paid paypal. And I already gave him the tracking number but he still emailing me and said he don't have the game.I told him there is not much I can do. It show item have been delivered and signed. Thanks for the advice anyway.

i wouldnt worry about it paypal will side with you the seller if you can prove the item has been signed for:thumbsup:

Mardyass;4003941

i wouldnt worry about it paypal will side with you the seller if you can … i wouldnt worry about it paypal will side with you the seller if you can prove the item has been signed for:thumbsup:

This is correct - on E-bay they have a dispute resolution team that do exactly this...
So, what you need to do now is contact them!

And well done you for keeping the records etc.
Purrr
xxxxx:p

you should be able to view the signature, when you put the tracking number in.

Banned

have a look at the copy of signiture on rm site and ask him who that person is then collecting parcels from their house

i had this once before i sent a game to sgts mess at an army base, the chick came back to me a few weeks after saying she had been on service and still hadnt had the game....i checked and said it had been signed for and she instantly knew someone was playaing a trick on her!

Original Poster

I checked on the site but the signature is M M?? And the buyer name is totally different....
I always do record as you never know.

minnie77;4004619

I checked on the site but the signature is M M?? And the buyer name is … I checked on the site but the signature is M M?? And the buyer name is totally different.... I always do record as you never know.

maybe m m is mickey mouse :whistling:

tell him to jog on

it might be a neighbour or sum1 living on the same road as the buyer, ask the buyer to check with his neigbours.

I'm assuming the address you posted it to is the one which thew buyer gave you? If this is the case then they have no comeback on you, you can prove you have posted and it has been signed for at the address you have been asked to send it to. Don't let the buyer tell you otherwise, it is their responsibility to ensure that the address they ask you to send it to is an address to which they have access and can retrieve the goods from once delivered. Tell them to open a dispute with Paypal, and kindly ask that they do not contact you outside of the dispute resolution system.

What if i was to post an empty envelope recorded delivery. I have a proof of postage, so Paypal would find in my favour?

If the cost of the game is less than 10x1st class postage, open up a lost item with RM, so if they 'win' PayPal you will get your money back from RM. If they say to RM that it was delivered then you have RM/more proof to PayPal that they did receive it.

Original Poster

The buyer now is asking for a refund. I told him I won't give him any refund as it got everything proof that it have been delivered. The cost of the game is £26.50, so it is more than 10x 1st class postage. But as I got proof of postage & tracking number, I assume Paypal should be on myside. The buyer is quite new on ebay since nov 08, he only got 8 postive feedback (100%) and I got 208 postive feedback (208%).

ok i cant say if the buyer is genuine or not, but my old man ordered me a stone island top for xmas, after waiting 7 days and nothing arrived i ask for some tracking details, ebayer emailed me and provided details (which stated it was @ the local sorting office) so i went there and they said they had no such items there, on the 23rd of december the royal mail updated the delivery status saying it was delivered to my address and had a signature (not mine) yet @ the time i wasnt even at home (was away @ the inlaws for xmas) and the paypal claim will more then likely not find in my favour as the item says delivered so i am stuffed

Original Poster

Dub1;4037630

ok i cant say if the buyer is genuine or not, but my old man ordered me a … ok i cant say if the buyer is genuine or not, but my old man ordered me a stone island top for xmas, after waiting 7 days and nothing arrived i ask for some tracking details, ebayer emailed me and provided details (which stated it was @ the local sorting office) so i went there and they said they had no such items there, on the 23rd of december the royal mail updated the delivery status saying it was delivered to my address and had a signature (not mine) yet @ the time i wasnt even at home (was away @ the inlaws for xmas) and the paypal claim will more then likely not find in my favour as the item says delivered so i am stuffed

I think the buyer must have the same situation as you. But as a seller, I did everything to protect me and the buyer and if I refund him, I won't able to get anything from the Royal Mail as it showing the item had been delivered & signed.

he may very well be lieing, as for me i envolved the royal mail customer services and local sorting office (its being investigated) ask him for the details of his sorting office say you are going to ring them and speak to the postman as well as ringing royal mail complaints/fraud line even if you dont, it may help catch him/her out if he/she is lieing
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763953
    2. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1930
    3. GOT Leaks again514
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213592

See more discussions