Found 21st Jan 2009
If a bid has been placed on an item which still has 4days from a 5 day listing, can it still be changed to a buyitnow auction? If so how do I do this?

Appreciate any help
rains

7 Comments

Banned

i didnt think you could if it had a bid on it

nope, once a bid is made the buy it now option is removed.

only thing you can do is cancel the bid. Not sure how ebay will see that though.

You could cancel the bids then change the auction type.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;4138643

You could cancel the bids then change the auction type.

Predikuesi, how do you cancel the bid?

cheers
rains

rains;4138725

Predikuesi, how do you cancel the bid? cheersrains

pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml

You can do it but I don't tend to if there's a bid on there already as I don't think it's fair. All you have to do is get the person who is going to "buy it now" to put a higher bid on the item so they are the highest bidder, then you click on the right hand side "end item early" and when it goes to the next page you can click "sell to highest bidder", the item is then sold and all you have to do is send a revised invoice for the buy it now + p&p price to the buyer. I do it this way instead of changing to buy it now as it's far easier and cheaper as you only get a final value fee on the sale amount but as I said earlier, if there's a bid on there I don't do it just to be fair, it's up to you if you want to do it though and just hope the current bidder doesn't complain to ebay.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Misco about to go into administration1013
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…1834
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2687
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769304

See more discussions