Found 28th Mar 2009
There is an item in my Watched section that I certainly haven't put there, neither has OH. Have just gone through the kerfuffle of changing my password, checking transactions etc. Our wireless system is secure but just wondering, if someone was to somehow be using our connection and happened to watch the item as a 'guest' would it track back to my ebay account if I hadn't signed out and save it there, if you know what I mean? OH has often watched items as a guest and it has put them in my account summary if I didn't sign out after using ebay, thats why I ask. I can't understand why someone would hack into my account and actually be so obvious as to put a watched item down for later lol! Thanks!

11 Comments

Strange something appeared in my watch list a couple of days ago.I thought i had clibked on something by mistake,It wasnt a silver plated chain was it ?.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;4764283

Strange something appeared in my watch list a couple of days ago.I … Strange something appeared in my watch list a couple of days ago.I thought i had clibked on something by mistake,It wasnt a silver plated chain was it ?.

No, it was a pair of mens LFC track pants. I know it wasn't us because we're Evertonians! How odd? I've just checked our wireless system and its definitely secure. I've emailed ebay to see if they can check it out but its freaked me out.

its been happening to me too. I even changed passwords and it still happened.
an account can be hacked

is your msn/hotmail account password the same as your ebay?

Original Poster

texfitz;4768996

is your msn/hotmail account password the same as your ebay?

Nope, I'm not with them, but my email password isnt the same anyway. Has that happened to you?

Let's hope you don't start buying stuff you don't want next?

I've heard,dunno how true it is that some items can have some sort of "script" on the listing where it adds the item to your watch list.

No, it's just a way of they hack your accounts.

Original Poster

Turns out its a glitch a lot of people are getting annoyed with, theres a few forums on ebay.

Actually,i found one in mine today too!

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;4791686

Ahhhhh see, what did I say:thumbsup:Hacked accounts indeed, lol:whistling:

I'm super paranoid lately because my bank card details were used online lol! Just glad this is an innocent ebay mess up :roll:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition69750
    2. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54
    3. Win 1 of 30 Gin Festival, Eastbourne Pairs of Tickets (Value £30 per pair)11
    4. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…44

See more discussions