Ebay Question

I have an item on ebay for sale, i received an email today saying "if i won the ebay auction will you package for expeditor to collect u will pay for this"

The guy is in Latvia has 40 feedback 100%

Is this safe or shall i tell him no?

Thanks

13 Comments

Original Poster

Sorry typo, it's meant to read "I WILL PAY FOR THIS" neaning the buyer not me :oops:

If I were you I wouldn't offer to sell or send anything overseas - sounds a bit wonky for me!

need more info on item..

no, no, and another no...simple :-D

depends what it is and how much it will cost to send really. I've sold abroad quite a lot without any problems, its best to quote the postage fee first and if they are happy to pay it then its really no differant to selling uk

Most over sea buyers are scammers! they tend to target people with low feedback

Banned

Guyver;6201111

Most over sea buyers are scammers! they tend to target people with low … Most over sea buyers are scammers! they tend to target people with low feedback

i sell more to the usa than i do to uk and not been scammed yet.

check how long they've been registered, if the fb is genuine and ask yourself why they are buying the item, ie could it be bought there for same price? hth gl

colinsunderland;6201129

i sell more to the usa than i do to uk and not been scammed yet.

Hey I never said their all dodgy personally i would stick to the uk but thats just my opinion..

up to you, but if he does win dont except anything other than paypal and check paypal account for recieved funds before sending, dont go on the email confirmation.
whats his feedback for if its all 99p stuff i'd say ndefinately NO

I have over 500 feedbacks at 100% and sold all over the world as a private seller over the last 5 years,USA TAIWAN, FRANCE, CANADA,GERMANY,JAPAN I have not had one single problem.
Ebay is all about using some common sence, checking the sellers feedback, what transactions have they made to accumulate feedback. Lots of scammers make lots of very small value transactions to obtain feedback scores.Check some of the items they have bought and contact some of the buyers/sellers.How long have they been registered.Include cost of postage in item listing price, but even after been very care you can still get stung.
I receive loads of Emails which are supposed to be from Ebay, they look right and carry all of the Ebay icons, logos etc, just send them to [email protected], they will check them.
Also remember that one of the favourite scams is to bid, pay for the item then claim refund from Paypal on a fictional complaint, more times than not Paypal give the refund and you dont even get the item back, so you lose.I believe there are lots of more things Ebay can do to protect everyone but there you go.Hope this helps

ask him for an over the top postage fee, if he agrees to it that he is most likely to be a scammer

Original Poster

Cheers, i emailed him back and said UK bidders only :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
    2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions