Groups

ebay question :)

about to bid on something ,that seems to good to be true,seller only takes payment on phone+is 99.7% positive
    anyone bourght anything this way on ebay ?
    cheers

31 Comments

item number?..

Original Poster

399out;6885343

item number?..

afraid not as you might nab it:whistling:

Is it an Ebay shop ?

Never heard of payment only by phone as sellers must offer Paypal.

How long have they been registered for,is there any new feedback ?

JACKIT99;6885350

afraid not as you might nab it:whistling:

Fair enough haha..

urm well i don;t know what payment by phone is? check out their negative feedback?

If anything goes wrong you wont be covered. Its also against ebays T&Cs so if your feeling evil report it.

Original Poster

Goonieman;6885376

If anything goes wrong you wont be covered. Its also against ebays T&Cs … If anything goes wrong you wont be covered. Its also against ebays T&Cs so if your feeling evil report it.

they have enough good feedbacks,should be ok,if i win it i'll see if they can do cheque or something.
    cheers:)

JACKIT99;6885396

they have enough good feedbacks,should be ok,if i win it i'll see if they … they have enough good feedbacks,should be ok,if i win it i'll see if they can do cheque or something.cheers:)

You have NO comeback with a chq!

Without more info it sounds dodgy to me,on Ebay they must offer Paypal:roll:

A cheque still doesn't give you any protection.

Why do people ask questions and then ignore advice grrrr

Original Poster

RING 01274 588488 TO PAY AT END OF AUCTION or TO PLACE ORDER

JACKIT99;6885424

It's probably a hijacked account:w00t:without more info could be allsorts!

JACKIT99;6885424

thomsonlocal.com/All…tml

deb8z;6885420

Why do people ask questions and then ignore advice grrrr

I think he has taken the advice it but has chose not to follow it. That's his fault if he loses out:thumbsup:

Is it a bike shop ?

Original Poster

deb8z;6885447

Is it a bike shop ?

yes it is,looking at some sidi shoes:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Met-Cast;6885445

I think he has taken the advice it but has chose not to follow it. That's … I think he has taken the advice it but has chose not to follow it. That's his fault if he loses out:thumbsup:

have took all the advise on here
    cheers everyone:thumbsup:

The auctions do take paypal, its in the payment options.

looks fine to me, if you look they have over 100 items listed. Also look through their feedback for completed listings, they all say the same thing, ring blah blah to pay, and they have positives.

Banned

Just had a look and he seems genuine enough

handsomedog53 ( 1483 [Feedback score is 1,000 to 4,999] ) [eBay Shop]
    Recent Feedback Ratings (last 12 months)
    1 month 6 months 12 months
    Positive feedback rating Positive 56 336 720
    Neutral feedback rating Neutral 2 5 8
    Negative feedback rating Negative 0 0 2

And he does also take paypal:thumbsup:

Original Poster

ChipSticks;6885471

looks fine to me, if you look they have over 100 items listed. Also look … looks fine to me, if you look they have over 100 items listed. Also look through their feedback for completed listings, they all say the same thing, ring blah blah to pay, and they have positives.

yeer thats what i fourght ,just seemed really weird that you can only pay with phone:thumbsup:

JACKIT99;6885483

yeer thats what i fourght ,just seemed really weird that you can only pay … yeer thats what i fourght ,just seemed really weird that you can only pay with phone:thumbsup:

Goonieman;6885468

The auctions do take paypal, its in the payment options.

I personally would still pay via paypal, if they refused to take it I would report them.

They can offer to take phone payments as well as Paypal, but not instead of.

Original Poster

ow thats great,never saw it,
    repped 4 all the help:thumbsup:

Original Poster

ChipSticks;6885503

I personally would still pay via paypal, if they refused to take it I … I personally would still pay via paypal, if they refused to take it I would report them.They can offer to take phone payments as well as Paypal, but not instead of.

yeer well they have to exept it as its offerd
    :thumbsup:

Banned

they probably pay over he phone and they key it into their own payment terminal, saves them paying the paypal fees etc and they might have better deals with their own bank for charges. we do the samer thing at work. you can still pay by credit card over the phone and then you will be covered but all sound ok to me.

Martin

saggy470;6885544

they probably pay over he phone and they key it into their own payment … they probably pay over he phone and they key it into their own payment terminal, saves them paying the paypal fees etc and they might have better deals with their own bank for charges. we do the samer thing at work. you can still pay by credit card over the phone and then you will be covered but all sound ok to me.Martin

Good point, if you do pay over the phone make sure its with a credit, not debit card.

Now we have more info and know it's legit,yes as above it's to avoid Paypal/Ebay fees if you pay direct,so it's entirely upto you,although if it's a fair few quid i'd ask for discount if you pay direct!

Just had a look myself,the listings are reportable stating that in caps though about ringing/ordering direct,its soliciting off Ebay sales.

ebay is problematic enough without having to then call and pay by phone?

The seller does take paypal and a host of other payment methods. Just ignore what they have put in description and pay via paypal.

i would use my credit card before pay pal anyway as you can stop a payment up to 64 days after the transaction and as you are dealing with the seller instead of a middle man there is less haste
    :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1526
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047117
      3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***418
      4. love affairs1649

See more discussions