Found 4th Nov 2010
If I bid on an item and the seller then ends the bidding, do I win the item and still get covered in case anything goes wrong?

Cheers

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

What was the reason given for ending the listing? if the ebayer was trying to get out of selling it, or something, they would end with the reason that the item is no longer avilable, such as it was lost or damaged.

If the item ended and according to ebay you are the winner, then you should be covered just the same as normal

Edited by: "jayjayuk1234" 4th Nov 2010

Original Poster

jayjayuk1234

What was the reasor for ending the listing? if the ebayer was trying to … What was the reasor for ending the listing? if the ebayer was trying to get out of selling it, or something, they would end with the reason that the item is no longer avilable, such as it was lost or damaged.

I offered him a price and he said he'd take that price

chris_avfc

I offered him a price and he said he'd take that price

So you have agreed to deal outside of ebay? or?

You need to look at the item, and see if ebay thinks you are the winner, or if the auction was just ended, and the seller is expecting you to trade outside of ebay??

If outside of ebay, no you are not covered

^^ this

Original Poster

jayjayuk1234

So you have agreed to deal outside of ebay? or?If outside of ebay, no you … So you have agreed to deal outside of ebay? or?If outside of ebay, no you are not covered.

yeah sorry I didn't make that clear did I,

I messaged him asking would he take x amount for his item, and he said yes.

He said if I bid that amount he'll end the auction and I will win it,
but I don't think it will work cause my bid won't get pushed up high enough will it?

He can amend the invoice so then you will be covered

chris_avfc

yeah sorry I didn't make that clear did I,I messaged him asking would he … yeah sorry I didn't make that clear did I,I messaged him asking would he take x amount for his item, and he said yes.He said if I bid that amount he'll end the auction and I will win it,but I don't think it will work cause my bid won't get pushed up high enough will it?

hmm, ok so still lacking some info here, surely if this seller has aleady ended the item, you are able to see if you won, and what the winning amount was??

If it is lower than the price you agreed, be cautious, because if there is a problem, ebay will cover you for the auction selling price ONLY!

Edit: noticed someone above mentioned the seller possibly editing the invoice, however i think the seller would have to edit the postage cost to do this? and if so u better check if ebay buyer protection cover the postage! ( i don't remember off hand )

Yes,he'd have to add it on to the postage cost or as an extra charge if that was an available option,he couldn't change the actual item price, the buyer protection does cover the postage cost though

get the seller to relist the item with a buy it now. email you the item number you buy using the buy it now this way your covered by paypal should anything go wrong. if he refuses to relist then personally i wouldnt buy.
if the seller adds the extra to the postage and something is wrong with the item you will only get the item price back not the postage price so your likely to lose out a lot of money

if the seller ends the auctions you are not the winner as the auction has ended and item no longer available, the only way you can buy from him is, ask him 2 put the item on buy it now price that you have agreed and but it that way, ask him 2 maybe text you or call you before he puts it on so no one else buys it instead of you, hope that helps

Hi, If you place your agreed amount, the seller can then end the auction and choose an option to sell to the highest bidder. It will show in your won items if he has done this.

Also, even if you pay directly from Paypal for goods you are now covered exactly the same as buying from ebay. I think it was last month or the month before that they changed it.

vinylandtrinkets

get the seller to relist the item with a buy it now. email you the item … get the seller to relist the item with a buy it now. email you the item number you buy using the buy it now this way your covered by paypal should anything go wrong. if he refuses to relist then personally i wouldnt buy.if the seller adds the extra to the postage and something is wrong with the item you will only get the item price back not the postage price so your likely to lose out a lot of money

You get full amount incl postage paid if you win a dispute

desikuri

if the seller ends the auctions you are not the winner as the auction has … if the seller ends the auctions you are not the winner as the auction has ended and item no longer available, the only way you can buy from him is, ask him 2 put the item on buy it now price that you have agreed and but it that way, ask him 2 maybe text you or call you before he puts it on so no one else buys it instead of you, hope that helps

the buyer already said he has won the auction

op this might help
pages.ebay.co.uk/eba…on/

when ever ive had to claim with paypal i have never been refunded postage, neither for the sale or return of the item.

vinylandtrinkets

op this might helphttp://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebaybuyerprotection/when ever … op this might helphttp://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebaybuyerprotection/when ever ive had to claim with paypal i have never been refunded postage, neither for the sale or return of the item.

You do get your original postage refunded,you just dont get the return postage back unless the seller pays it to you directly,

It even states this on your link?

If after 10 days the problem can’t be resolved, let us know. We’ll arrange for a refund including original postage if your case qualifies for eBay Buyer Protection

grabbit

You do get your original postage refunded,you just dont get the return … You do get your original postage refunded,you just dont get the return postage back unless the seller pays it to you directly,It even states this on your link?If after 10 days the problem can’t be resolved, let us know. We’ll arrange for a refund including original postage if your case qualifies for eBay Buyer Protection

yes i read that , just saying ive never had my postage refunded to me just the auction price, havent claimed in a while to no idea if the above is a new thing?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Looking to travel from belfast33
    2. Paw patrol sea patroller44
    3. Credit Card Debt Question...55
    4. Is this expensive?713

See more discussions