Ebay question (sorry) item arrived damaged think due to packaging?

3 replies
Found 18th Dec 2010
Apologies for question I have tried to search on ebay but struggling to find answer.
My partner has just received a jumper through the post. When we got it, it was wrapped neatly but only in brown paper. I had noticed a small rip in the paper but didn't think anything about it.
When he opened it the jumper has a small hole on the shoulder, very odd place not near stitching or anything. I cannot see this in the picture so presume it has happened in the post.
What do we need to do. I haven't contacted seller yet thought I better get my facts straight. Does someone claim off post office or is it his fault for not wrapping very well. it perhaps should have been in a few more layers or a plastic bag inside brown paper.
The seller has good feedback so I do think this is a fault with the packaging and that it has ripped not him trying to con.
Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
3 Comments

Raise an "Item not as described" dispute. You will have to return it to the seller at your cost via a recorded method and then Paypal will refund.

Or, send a polite message and the seller may refund or part refund without returning, depending on value.

It would be up to the seller to contact royal mail in regards to a claim etc.. Best thing you can do is contact seller, If he says it was already like that then you can probably file a not as described claim, I'd hope he'd offer you a refund.

Original Poster

Thank you for your help.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4176
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions