eBay reimbursement payment method?

Found 13th May 2012
Just tried to list an item and got this message:

You cannot submit your listing due to the following problems

You're almost done with your listing. There's just one more thing to do. It looks like you don't have a reimbursement payment method on file with us. Sellers must have a reimbursement payment method on file under our Buyer Protection Policy. This payment method will be charged the amount due to eBay when we've refunded a buyer for cases brought under our policy.

In order to complete your listing, please add your reimbursement payment method now. Once you're done, you'll be able to review and submit your listing.

Note: You can always change your selected reimbursement payment method in My eBay or cancel your reimbursement payment method by contacting us. Learn more about what eBay Buyer Protection Policy means for sellers..

Don't fancy giving them even more details...

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
6 Comments

I have the same message. I contacted my credit card supplier. They cover amounts that are unauthorised on your credit card account, but if you agree to an advance authorisation that they can at any time take money from your account, you lose the safety of your credit card if it is abused.

Until now buyers are reimbursed when they return whatever it is they object to, and that has always been in place. I am not keen to allow anyone, anywhere, to have access to my credit card or bank account on line, because it is open to anyone taking advantage.

Not only that, but it is blackmail to say you cannot list until you give us blanket permission to deduct anything we like from your account. It also nullifies any insurance your bank and credit card give you.

Does anyone use a similar site to ebay? The fees are not making it worthwhile to sell, especially as the post office prices have shot up.

Ok, we could look at cheaper posting options but it is convenient to use post office as it is close by. We do sell on free listing days if possible but the FVF's are quite high sometimes.

Ebay a neccessary evil sometimes, hate them.Charge is 13.4 % of final value inc paypal fees.

Facebook allow selling I believe. Ebay do this to stop someone from listing if that someone has upset them. I know why mine appeared. It followed a reply I gave to one of their emaiils, instructing me to leave feedback on something I did not. I wrote and told them that if I have not left feedback it is because I do not want to. I reminded them that 2 years ago I left well deserved negative feedback and they did nothing to protect me from the 34 messages and emails and 3 phone calls threatening me - in my seventies - to come and sort me out if I did not change it. I told Ebay that as far as I was concerned whether we leave feedback is up to us and we are free in this country. Obviously the millionaires who own Ebay thought up a suitable punishment for that.
What they do when you upset them, and you obey all their rules and recieve great feedback so that they cannot turf you out legitimately, they do what they do for designer stuff - they put something in the way to stop you listing. For example, if you are listing something of that ilk, they slap on an outrageous listing fee, even at free listing times.
For myself I was listing things I have to turn out if I am to move. I rather hoped to sell the heirlooms, but everything else I am happy to give to charity, if I could actually leave my house to do so. Disability keeps me confined, very often in bed too. When myhusband died 4 years ago I bought lots of fabric to do patchwork to keep me focused. Much of it I did not use, hence I was listing brand new fabric pieces at 50p that cost me £2-3. Obviously they must have thought I got them cheap, because someone on their forum accuses me of being in business!!!
Think of what you might have done to upset them, because they know full well that they cannot make you give them your private details in exchange for listing. That is blackmail.

Mark2111

Does anyone use a similar site to ebay? The fees are not making it … Does anyone use a similar site to ebay? The fees are not making it worthwhile to sell, especially as the post office prices have shot up.Ok, we could look at cheaper posting options but it is convenient to use post office as it is close by. We do sell on free listing days if possible but the FVF's are quite high sometimes.

I do not know what you want to sell, but there is Gumtree and Ruby Lane. The latter is mainly USA but not all, and they are very good. There you can list antiques etc. I do not know what they charge.
There is Etsy too, and I have bought some lovely things from the craftworkers there.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions