Found 8th Dec 2009
So I have sold to items on ebay both buyers haven't paid & informed me they no longer want the items!
I have opened an Item case for each item, my question is how long before Ebay refunds me the final value fee & I can re-list them without costing me more money

Ahhh i hate ebay & all they stand for!

thanks for reading & hopefully repsonding
2scoops2

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

i think you close the case after 4 days and ebay automatically refund you the money

Original Poster

thanks - i thought maybe the winning bidder had to do his part....

2scoop2

Oops i forgot they had changed it :

3. We contact the buyer and they respond.
Timeline:

We contact the buyer immediately after you opened the case.

The buyer has 4 days from the time you opened the case to pay.

If the buyer doesn't pay within 4 days, you can close the case and an unpaid item may be recorded on the buyer's account. If the buyer has contacted you and you've agreed to extend the payment deadline, you can wait up to 36 days after the item ended to close the case.

4. Close the case.
Timeline: As soon as 4 days and up to 36 days from the date of purchase.

If you close the case or the case expires (37 days after it is opened) you won't be able to reopen it or open another case for this purchase.

When a case is closed automatically, the buyer won't automatically receive an unpaid item recorded on their account.

You can close the case if the buyer doesn't send payment within 4 days.

It's wrong that you can not even give them a bad feedback:x

You used to have to wait a week before you got your fees back but now it is 4 days i think or if the buyer responds to the dispute you can close it andget them quicker. If the buyer doesnt respond then close the case after 4 dauys and you will get your fees and they will get a strike. If they respond with the usual "i told you i didnt want it" which is what i got a few times then just close the case again the same way and get your fees and give them a strike.

YOu shouldn't have to wait if the buyer plays ball. If you put the reason as "both parties have decided not to continue" or something to that effect, ebay send a message to the buyer asking if this is correct, as soon as they reply to ebay that yes they have agreed not to go ahead with it then you should get a refund etc etc so could be done the same day.

Annie1508;7151237

YOu shouldn't have to wait if the buyer plays ball. If you put the … YOu shouldn't have to wait if the buyer plays ball. If you put the reason as "both parties have decided not to continue" or something to that effect, ebay send a message to the buyer asking if this is correct, as soon as they reply to ebay that yes they have agreed not to go ahead with it then you should get a refund etc etc so could be done the same day.

I dont recommend doing this, i have done it a couple of times and if the buyers dont both to fill in there response or dont log in you dont get your fees back. only recommed doing this if you trust the buyer enough to play ball.

Original Poster

just wanted to say thanks to all for posting - much appreciated

2scoops2
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247572
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769251
    3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974

See more discussions