Groups

Ebay resolve a problem

A few days ago I received a card from royal mail stating they had a parcel for me that had not had postage paid for, I now needed to collect the parcel and pay £4.80 for the outstanding postage. I would like to claim this back from the seller but now when I go to resolve a problem with this purchase every option states "return this item" in the past you could use the resolve a problem and open a case and get the seller to resolve and if not ebay steps in after so many days. My only other option is to just simply contact the seller which I have done but they are not responding, do I have any other options?, preferably do not want to have to call ebay/PayPal as I only have a pay as you go mobile phone. Any help please.

17 Comments

Best thing todo is open a case, inform the seller and eBay of what has happened. The seller might step in an do the correct thing. You can get eBay to call you tho.

do not pay, open case like advised

Original Poster

ThugBasher

Best thing todo is open a case, inform the seller and eBay of what has … Best thing todo is open a case, inform the seller and eBay of what has happened. The seller might step in an do the correct thing. You can get eBay to call you tho.

But when I try to open a case every option states return item.

Original Poster

kvn618

do not pay, open case like advised

I have collected the item as I had ordered a few items that week so was not sure what parcel was missing its postage stamps.

POWYSWALES

I have collected the item as I had ordered a few items that week so was … I have collected the item as I had ordered a few items that week so was not sure what parcel was missing its postage stamps.

​you could call/ask either ebay/paypal for a call to raise a case both can do this over the phone i believe.

POWYSWALES

I have collected the item as I had ordered a few items that week so was … I have collected the item as I had ordered a few items that week so was not sure what parcel was missing its postage stamps.

Eek, now it will be difficult to claim that money back. Open a case , hope you have the postage payment reciept.

State reason as, item not as described, ..ie not received or postage paid.

Original Poster

The seller has since been in touch and told me to open a request for a refund as she states she needs the request as she only has the ebay app on her phone, but every option just states "request return" Has anyone else found this to be the case.
    https://s31.postimg.org/ma26r6xyz/Screenshot_2017_02_20_18_35_41_1.pngimages upload

Original Poster

cowsindahouse

State reason as, item not as described, ..ie not received or postage paid.

That is what I did but then it takes me to the image I posted above, I have to select a reason and then hit request return as my only option at which point it then gives me the sellers return address.

POWYSWALES

That is what I did but then it takes me to the image I posted above, I … That is what I did but then it takes me to the image I posted above, I have to select a reason and then hit request return as my only option at which point it then gives me the sellers return address.

Sorry, I meant choose not received.

Using the dispute option to try and recover the funds will prove a little difficult.

It sounds like the seller is being awkward, contact them again and ask for a partial refund through PayPal. Tell them that they can issue the partial refund by signing into their PayPal account, locating the transaction and selecting the refunds option.

Your only other option would be to leave negative feedback in hope that it prompts a response that way.

How could the po clerk accept the package without taking any payment?

https://media.giphy.com/media/13u7A5wUIxtDjy/giphy.gif
    sorted

is it possible for you to just ask her to paypal gift you the amount? seems like it would avoid a lot of hassle for you both.

thewongwing101

sorted

Oi wongy do you mind not singeing my harris.

CookinBat

Oi wongy do you mind not singeing my harris.

Ok would not want you to lose any of your fleabay pennies

thewongwing101

Ok would not want you to lose any of your fleabay pennies

take your flame thrower and fo
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. advice needed on dumbell weight training please35
      2. Car park fine UKPC99
      3. Ideas to decorate bedroom35
      4. 90" curtain pole without a centre bracket!?11