Groups

eBay return case

Having terrible luck on eBay . Last month bought a pair of trainer's that turned out to be the wrong size due to seller putting American size instead of UK but stating it was the UK size. Luckily got it sorted.

Then I ordered a charger for laptop and picked this specific listing as it clearly states in the listing a UK power supply is included along with the AC adapter (most others just had the AC adapter) however on receiving the item I have only been sent the ac adapter.

I contacted the seller who asked me to send a photo of what I received plus the packaging which I have. My concern is that they'll try and say they did send the power supply I've just removed it. I'm hoping from the photo it will be obvious both wouldn't even fit in the size of the package. Failing that I'll have to open a case which won't look good being my second case in a month

I'll try and upload photo below

7 Comments

ebay will find in your favour, wouldn't worry about it.

Why would you opening cases affect you? It will affect the dodgy sellers who send the items.

Are you completing the return process through ebay? Just ensure you do this as if you do it off ebay then things could get tricky

If you didn't receive what you paid for don't even begin to worry about what the seller will think. Just open a case and send proof through there, not direct to the seller.

Original Poster

Even if you open a case eBay give the seller time to respond directly

Original Poster

punji

Are you completing the return process through ebay? Just ensure you do … Are you completing the return process through ebay? Just ensure you do this as if you do it off ebay then things could get tricky

how do i even go about opening a case on ebay? i cant seem to find a way unless i select to return the item which i dont want to do...i just want the other part of the item I ordered. anyone any ideas?

little_green

how do i even go about opening a case on ebay? i cant seem to find a way … how do i even go about opening a case on ebay? i cant seem to find a way unless i select to return the item which i dont want to do...i just want the other part of the item I ordered. anyone any ideas?

I understand you want one part of it, but the best way to get a response and the part that was missing is to complete the returns process. At least this way you can ask for the seller to pay for returns or refund you, doing so will force him to send you the extra part as it will probably cost him more paying for return postage and sending you the complete adaptor all together. I hope this helps
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions