ebay return help

Can anybody help me about returning item on ebay, I received faulty item (paid £160), I contacted seller about faults and he said send us back and we will inspect if is faulty then he will send another one for replacement, now he send me postage labels for return but I'm bit worried about to send privately rather then return through ebay process, please I need your advise.

16 Comments

Send through the ebay process. Better safe than sorry!

Make sure you also get proof of postage and delivery

Send via eBay using RM special delivery

If you don't do it via eBay process (easy via dashboard) you might as well send it to Father Christmas.

Your best option is to open a claim on Ebay for SNAD (significantly not as described). The item is faulty. The seller will be given 8 days to accept the return and issue you a returns label. If they don't then Ebay will issue you one and bill the seller.

Send the item back and you will get your refund.

Make sure you use ebay for all messages. If the return labels they sent you are for a tracked service it will be ok to use them. Just make a note of the tracking ref. and get proof of posting.

Go through eBay returns process and you can print out the return label from eBay. Just had £250.00 refunded from the seller for a faulty item.

windym

Your best option is to open a claim on Ebay for SNAD (significantly not … Your best option is to open a claim on Ebay for SNAD (significantly not as described). The item is faulty. The seller will be given 8 days to accept the return and issue you a returns label. If they don't then Ebay will issue you one and bill the seller.Send the item back and you will get your refund.

​Can you please tell me how to do this.

I have also recieved an item which is faulty. The seller has suggested various things to try but it's not resolving the issue and I want to move things along. I have asked them to send me a replacement a few times but not sure what's the proper way of doing this.

germainsophie

Can you please tell me how to do this.I have also recieved an item which … Can you please tell me how to do this.I have also recieved an item which is faulty. The seller has suggested various things to try but it's not resolving the issue and I want to move things along. I have asked them to send me a replacement a few times but not sure what's the proper way of doing this.

germainsophie

Can you please tell me how to do this.I have also recieved an item which … Can you please tell me how to do this.I have also recieved an item which is faulty. The seller has suggested various things to try but it's not resolving the issue and I want to move things along. I have asked them to send me a replacement a few times but not sure what's the proper way of doing this.

All the info is available on eBay help

germainsophie

How to return an item

To return an item:

1. Find the item in your Purchase History in My eBay.

2. Select Return this item from the More actions dropdown menu.

3.If photos of the item would be helpful for documenting the condition of the item you bought and received, you can upload these. Both eBay Customer Service and the seller can see them. You can upload as many as 10 photos (PNG, JPEG, BMP, or GIF; max size 5MB). You can add photos until the return process is closed. Uploaded photos can be removed only by contacting Customer Service.

4 Depending on the item you've purchased, you'll automatically be directed to either the eBay returns process or to contact the seller. Depending on the seller’s return policy, we’ll provide you with a return postage label and packing slip. Alternatively, we may ask you to wait for the seller to provide you next steps for the return, such as in cases of oversized or heavy items or when sending an item back to a seller located in another country. The seller may also provide you their own return postage label.

5. Pack the item carefully. Include the packing slip, apply the postage label, and send the item back to the seller. You must return the item – in the same condition as you received it – within 14 calendar days of requesting the return. It's good practice to include tracking information (if available) when returning an item.

6. If an eBay-generated postage label is used, you can track the status of the returned item in the Purchase history section of My eBay. Find the returned item and click View return details from the More actions drop-down menu.

7. If the seller has provided their own label, such as including a label in the original parcel, you can track the status of the returned item in the Purchase history section of My eBay. Find the returned item and click View return details from the More actions drop-down menu. If the seller does not provide you a label through eBay and you return an item through an alternative postage method, you should make sure that tracking is included in case eBay needs to step in to review the progress of your return.

8. Once the seller has received your parcel, they’ll process a refund within 6 working days. If you have any problems, we’ll step in to help resolve any issues.

Contact the seller

1. You'll be guided to contact the seller through My eBay.

2. The seller will confirm the process you'll need to follow to arrange a return.
Requesting a replacement item

Some sellers offer the option to request a replacement item if you'd prefer this over a refund. If available, the seller will let you know in their returns policy. You can request a replacement if:

The seller offers replacements as an option

You’re returning the original item and would like exactly the same item as a replacement.

Your item isn't as described, such as with a damaged part, or is defective in some way.

To request a replacement, simply contact the seller through My eBay. They'll let you know if a replacement is available. Once approved, make sure you post the original item back to the seller within 14 calendar days of starting your request.

You must return an item before seller can can send you a new one or do refund. Go to Ebay resolution centre, you will see a list of items you have bought and just pick the one you have problem with. Then eBay will take you through the whole process, it's really easy. And as others said already, always go through eBay returns procedure in resolution centre, otherwise you are not protected!

Original Poster

Thanks to all of you guys for your advice and help I think best option is to go through ebay process, Thanks again guys.

germainsophie

Also please note you need to log in to the webpage version on the website via your search/ google.. the options to request a return are not on the app

LeahMinttoutou

Also please note you need to log in to the webpage version on the website … Also please note you need to log in to the webpage version on the website via your search/ google.. the options to request a return are not on the app

Actually you can request return through the app, just look on the item and click on More Options, you will then see 3 options, one of them is "return the item". That's on my android app, not sure about IPhone.

for an item of this price, it is probably best to go through the ebay route but you will have to pay postage?

mutley1

for an item of this price, it is probably best to go through the ebay … for an item of this price, it is probably best to go through the ebay route but you will have to pay postage?

If item was faulty and you have to pay postage on return you can claim it back. Just make sure you send it with tracked delivery and keep the receipt.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Tenant rights for failing agreement to replace carpets1018
    2. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?912
    3. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY22
    4. Issue with a CV rewrite any help appreciated.1011

See more discussions