Ebay return help

Found 9th Jul
i opened a return case because the item was not working but it was my fault because i realised the usb was not plugged in all the way so i closed the return but i was using the product and now it really is broke! it just stopped working and wont power on, andbit wont let me open a return again? im screwed?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Call ebay or open PayPal case
master108 m ago

Call ebay or open PayPal case

Good idea i will ring them in morning
deleted396333
Amazing
Once you close a case you cannot reopen one. Only option is to contact the seller, but if they don't want to help as a goodwill gesture, you have lost your money . I always contact the seller first and give them a chance to solve the issue before opening a case, they are often very helpful as they don't want claims to be filed. Now the case is closed they have no responsibility.
jamie01530 m ago

Once you close a case you cannot reopen one. Only option is to contact the …Once you close a case you cannot reopen one. Only option is to contact the seller, but if they don't want to help as a goodwill gesture, you have lost your money . I always contact the seller first and give them a chance to solve the issue before opening a case, they are often very helpful as they don't want claims to be filed. Now the case is closed they have no responsibility.

it was a portable air con only £20 but the thing just powered down and wont turn on, any point phoning ebay? As the case is closed now i messaged the seller no reply yet
Edited by: "_Enzo_" 10th Jul
_Enzo_2 m ago

it was a portable air con only £20 but the thing just powered down and … it was a portable air con only £20 but the thing just powered down and wont turn on, any point phoning ebay? As the case is closed now i messaged the seller no reply yet

Always worth a try but I don't think you are going to be able to get this sorted now the case is closed unfortunately. No harm in giving it a go and seeing what they say!
jamie0158 m ago

Always worth a try but I don't think you are going to be able to get this …Always worth a try but I don't think you are going to be able to get this sorted now the case is closed unfortunately. No harm in giving it a go and seeing what they say!

Yeah true , did read ebay policy and says once a case is closed its for good , its just rotton luck if i dont get refunded i guess the garbage men can have a free faulty item
If paid by PayPal you can open/dispute/escalate a case on there too. I had an issue with a suspended account with an item not received. Due to acc ban eBay won't let me open a case but PayPal did.
As above, once you've closed a case you cannot reopen it.

You can open a case on Paypal from 180 days from date of purchase, if you google RETURNS ON US you will get £15 towards a postage label to return it tracked.

As a side note, neither eBay or Paypal offer their buyer protection as a warranty - the item should not have been working on first use, or faulty on arrival to qualify. Using it for a period of time and it then breaking is not what it's designed for.
Call eBay still and ask them. Say you closed the case by mistake. It happens and see what they can do. I believe I did something similar the other year and from memory they were pretty helpful.
jamie01521 h, 20 m ago

Once you close a case you cannot reopen one. Only option is to contact the …Once you close a case you cannot reopen one. Only option is to contact the seller, but if they don't want to help as a goodwill gesture, you have lost your money . I always contact the seller first and give them a chance to solve the issue before opening a case, they are often very helpful as they don't want claims to be filed. Now the case is closed they have no responsibility.

Ebay's system doesn't override your legal rights so that would only be the case if it were a private seller. If you bought it from a business selling through ebay you'd still have all the normal rights under the consumer rights act.
EndlessWaves9 m ago

Ebay's system doesn't override your legal rights so that would only be the …Ebay's system doesn't override your legal rights so that would only be the case if it were a private seller. If you bought it from a business selling through ebay you'd still have all the normal rights under the consumer rights act.

I assume it's a private seller as business sellers are usually far more helpful with these sort of problems - they often offer refunds without cases being opened. On the other hand, private sellers are generally less forthcoming.
Interesting thread. What would happen in a scenario where I buy and item and raise a case as it’s incomplete say the power supply is missing. The seller realised mistake and sends the remainder of the listing (the power supply). Everyone happy with that and case closed.
The power supply arrives but when the buyer tries to power on the device they discover the item doesn’t work on first use. They buyer will need to raise a case right?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions