Ebay return - how to get seller's registered address without paypal dispute?

I bought something off eBay which got damaged in transit.
The seller has been helpful and said I should return it for a full refund, including my return postage costs, and gave me his address. I feel as though I should get his official paypal address, he's quite a new seller with under 10 feedback so want to make sure I am covered when I send it back, but don't really want to start an official dispute as he's being helpful.
SO, my question - can I get hold of his paypal address to confirm it matches the one he gave me, I've looked at the paypal transaction and it just says his email address.
Rep waiting for help. Thanks.

11 Comments

Banned

go to my ebay, on your won items, cllick on the item and click on solve a problem, and your details will be sent to them and theres to you

Original Poster

sassie;6321761

go to my ebay, on your won items, cllick on the item and click on solve a … go to my ebay, on your won items, cllick on the item and click on solve a problem, and your details will be sent to them and theres to you

Thanks, but when I do that and I get a page which says I'm eligable for Paypal's buyer protection and then gives me a link to Paypal's resolution centre. All I want is to confirm the address not start a dispute as it's amicable atm and I think opening a dispute is a last resort.

if - as you say the person has been helpful - show a little trust - you can send item back recorded so theres a trace

Original Poster

holly100;6321882

if - as you say the person has been helpful - show a little trust - you … if - as you say the person has been helpful - show a little trust - you can send item back recorded so theres a trace

I know, it's just I've been stung before on eBay and he's a new seller. I was definately going to do recorded post though. Thanks.

Original Poster

snoopy18;6321954

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/ebayadvsearch/__W0QQ_advZ1QQ_sofindtypeZ9?_rdc=1That will do it

Thanks, that gave the town, city and landline number. No postcode or house name/street but it sounds right, enough to settle my paranoid little mind! I hate how a few people who have scammed/been bumholes in the past make me so distrusting, makes me feel guilty now for checking up on him!

sickly sweet;6322028

Thanks, that gave the town, city and landline number. No postcode or … Thanks, that gave the town, city and landline number. No postcode or house name/street but it sounds right, enough to settle my paranoid little mind! I hate how a few people who have scammed/been bumholes in the past make me so distrusting, makes me feel guilty now for checking up on him!

Just make sure you save the Email with the address on that he sent you as proof of where he wanted it posting,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6322063

Just make sure you save the Email with the address on that he sent you as … Just make sure you save the Email with the address on that he sent you as proof of where he wanted it posting,

Good plan :thumbsup:
Thanks.

sickly sweet;6322028

Thanks, that gave the town, city and landline number. No postcode or … Thanks, that gave the town, city and landline number. No postcode or house name/street but it sounds right, enough to settle my paranoid little mind! I hate how a few people who have scammed/been bumholes in the past make me so distrusting, makes me feel guilty now for checking up on him!

I konw what you mean , had to ring a few up myself and offer to pop round , usually does the trick

Original Poster

snoopy18;6322088

I konw what you mean , had to ring a few up myself and offer to pop round … I konw what you mean , had to ring a few up myself and offer to pop round , usually does the trick

:w00t: Would you actually go round there though? LOL, they'd just laugh at me if I turned up on the doorstep.

sickly sweet;6322211

:w00t: Would you actually go round there though? LOL, they'd just laugh … :w00t: Would you actually go round there though? LOL, they'd just laugh at me if I turned up on the doorstep.

I don`t know if i`d go round or not ,hopefully never come to that as i don`t buy much i can`t pick up personally now.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any advice on mobile networks.1114
    2. No claims discount proof - Help needed33
    3. Keter 6x4 shed.33
    4. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid22

See more discussions