eBay return label 10kg?

Posted 1st MarEdited by:"SOUTHWALES"
Hi, I have opened up a eBay return request as my item was faulty, eBay sent me a 48hoir return label for the post office and is states 5 - 10kg , but the parcel is quite large at about 40 x40 inches and is 14kg, anyone know what I should do to get item returned as I assume the post office will reject it. I also assume that if I send it back by another method eBay will have no tracking info and it could go against my refund so would rather go through eBay if possible.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Contact eBay for DEFINITIVE info.
If the post office do not accept it then pay for it yourself (Up to £15) and PayPal will refund you
Arto01/03/2020 22:35

If the post office do not accept it then pay for it yourself (Up to £15) …If the post office do not accept it then pay for it yourself (Up to £15) and PayPal will refund you

As it is a large parcel, the cost will be £23 via Royal Mail (Parcel Force).
So OP would have to find somewhere else to post it.
Overall would be simplest to get eBay to give you the correct label.
Parcel Force are expensive so UPS may be cheaper.
PayPal have a limit on how much they will refund and if the seller is supposed to refund you then they may not pay out.
I assume the seller has agreed to a refund in which case u should contact them and they can reissue a label suitable for that size parcel. I assume they will organise it with the same company that originally delivered it.
Pilsbury is right. I had the same happen with a PC monitor. Ebay told me to contact the seller for them to arrange return as it was faulty.
Contact eBay and advise them it’s heavier than the 10kg that their label covers.
For heavy items I use send it now which are parcelforce. You can send upto 30kg per parcel with them for around £15.
In this case you have to contact ebay via live chat or phone call. They will then ask the seller to provide the correct shipping label. Should the seller fail to do so, you will get the refund and you will keep the item too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants