Ebay return (not same condition)

17 replies
Found 28th Oct 2016
Sold a monitor on ebay which had the wrong power cable, buyer requested a return which I accepted same day. Over a week later the return arrived and there is clear signs of use. The screen is filthy, marks all over it and lots and lots of hair can be found. Really disgusting if I do say. There are scratches on it now and even found a piece of a leaf inside.

I am not amused, buyer kept item for a week so he clearly had no issue using the item without the correct power lead.

How do you deal with this on ebay?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
16 Comments

are you sure it's the same monitor and not just the same model that maybe the customer has exchanged for yours which was in better condition. Could turn out to be faulty so make sure you test it well.

You sure he's returned yours ? Some cheeky **** like to buy stuff and send back there's.

Unfortunately there is not much you can do. You accepted the return and eBay and PayPal ain't interested.

You will probably have the end up accepting (and paying for) a bad Ebay experience

As above, are you sure it's the same monitor? Have you checked the serial number?

If it's not eBay will cover you, inform them and they will ask you to submit an ActionFraud case, then supply them with the reference number, once checked you will be allowed to keep the goods and your money.

If it is then I would still give eBay a call however I doubt there is much they will do.

This is why I stopped using eBay for selling things (an don't do as much buying now either). There are too many people who want to pull a fast one. The worst ones are those who create issues after a claim has been resolved. Try to contact eBay through chat an see what they can advise.

emodan

are you sure it's the same monitor and not just the same model that maybe … are you sure it's the same monitor and not just the same model that maybe the customer has exchanged for yours which was in better condition. Could turn out to be faulty so make sure you test it well.

This.

Its sad to read how this ebayer has treated you/your property. I would consider filing a small claims court as its cheap, and also to show these naughty people that they are treating real human beings badly and that it's not just a username on the screen.

At first glance my response to the buyer would have been to apologise for the missing bit and say I will be posting the cable next day delivery. (As it's the cable that is missing - which you can fix). If the cable is not really the issue they buyer would then have to say so.

Next up, is it the same item you received back - check the serial number - is it the same item?

Also, to deal with buyer about the damage or eBay and PayPal you will need to show them the pictures or video of the item condition and working - I always include something that shows the date - and the pictures of the condition of the item returned. If it's not a high value item and so you didn't take pictures all around the product, see if the damage can be compared to the photos on the item listing

Cheeky git

see if the buyer is selling stuff and do the same back.

Original Poster

I apologised for the mishap and offered to send the missing item free of charge, even offrered a partial refund just to appease the buyer but they refused. I spent roughly £20 on postage just to get back a used item. Will try to speak with eBay later today for advice.

androidavis

Its sad to read how this ebayer has treated you/your property. I would … Its sad to read how this ebayer has treated you/your property. I would consider filing a small claims court as its cheap, and also to show these naughty people that they are treating real human beings badly and that it's not just a username on the screen.At first glance my response to the buyer would have been to apologise for the missing bit and say I will be posting the cable next day delivery. (As it's the cable that is missing - which you can fix). If the cable is not really the issue they buyer would then have to say so.Next up, is it the same item you received back - check the serial number - is it the same item?Also, to deal with buyer about the damage or eBay and PayPal you will need to show them the pictures or video of the item condition and working - I always include something that shows the date - and the pictures of the condition of the item returned. If it's not a high value item and so you didn't take pictures all around the product, see if the damage can be compared to the photos on the item listing

What would the basis of your claim be in the smalls claim court? What evidence would be able to be used? Not good advice i'm afraid.

androidavis

Its sad to read how this ebayer has treated you/your property. I would … Its sad to read how this ebayer has treated you/your property. I would consider filing a small claims court as its cheap, and also to show these naughty people that they are treating real human beings badly and that it's not just a username on the screen.At first glance my response to the buyer would have been to apologise for the missing bit and say I will be posting the cable next day delivery. (As it's the cable that is missing - which you can fix). If the cable is not really the issue they buyer would then have to say so.Next up, is it the same item you received back - check the serial number - is it the same item?Also, to deal with buyer about the damage or eBay and PayPal you will need to show them the pictures or video of the item condition and working - I always include something that shows the date - and the pictures of the condition of the item returned. If it's not a high value item and so you didn't take pictures all around the product, see if the damage can be compared to the photos on the item listing

​I would be driving to their house..... Buts thats me forget small claims court!

User id so I can block them

ipswich78

What would the basis of your claim be in the smalls claim court? What … What would the basis of your claim be in the smalls claim court? What evidence would be able to be used? Not good advice i'm afraid.

Yeah you are probably right. Just thought I would add my thoughts along with the many others for the op to consider.

If it was me and the monitor was damaged like that I would ask the eBayer to compensate me for it in some way. Perhaps put a money figure on it, or judge how much cheaper you would realistically like to be selling it in the worse condition on eBay. If the method used is reasonable and demonstrable I would even consider a small claims court if the buyer doesn't want to know.

Why is there hair on it,ewwww

did you take note of original serial number
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54315414
    2. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868
    3. word association Game74244894
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...2128

See more discussions