Groups

Ebay return problem.

Hi need an advice on the ebay return. I bought item which in my opinion is not as described (fake). I open return request and as a reason put item not as decribed. Seller approved my return request straight away, but then he refused to send me a return lable or cover the cost of postage. After that a opened the ebay case and after five days got the full refund (ebay could not provide the return lable as the item was from overseas)
    Now the seller threating me with court case and cost of legal action etc. Also seller says he will send the courier to my door tomorrow to collect the item. Then he will open the parcel with the courier and if the item is used or not in the condition he like he will take legal action. Should i just ignore it as the case is already close?

34 Comments

Was there much value to the item?

Original Poster

Retr0Gamer

Was there much value to the item?

​£92

Ignore. You have been refunded. Case closed.

barrad

​£92

Value of item is irrelevant. You have been refunded. They can recover their money from ebay/PayPal. No longer your problem.

Yeah ignore he's just pi**ed off

I agree, I was actually scammed in this way from overseas & there was nothing I could do about it.

As you opened a case via ebay and they decided in your favour I wouldn't worry. As far as I'm aware they have the final say and he doesn't have a leg to stand on.
    If he wanted the item back he should have provided a returns label

he can bark as much as he wants. this will happen sooner or later to anyone on ebay

Original Poster

i would return this item because it is completely useless to me but do not want to handle it over to the courier kind of outsied ebay.

Couldn't you report them too? Surely this amounts to harassment?

The item is now yours, do with it as you please. Give it to the courier, Put in the bin or re-sell as faulty. Just tell the seller you have contacted ebay in regards to this & they have advised you to have no further contact as the matter is now closed.

Original Poster

poochieparker9

Couldn't you report them too? Surely this amounts to harassment?

​I was trying to but was going on ebay in circles for about on hour. Apparently ebay do not care about inappropriate messages.

If you've been refunded then ignore it. Scare tactics. Is he going to take you to court for returning an item or for using it? As if X)You can't be taken to court for returning an item and it would be your word against his if it is used. Get him blocked, he is just probably pee'd off he has to sell it again.

People who sell fake goods on ebay are the ones who should be taken to court.
    I hope he doesn't bother you for much longer.
    Good luck.

barrad

​I was trying to but was going on ebay in circles for about on hour. A … ​I was trying to but was going on ebay in circles for about on hour. Apparently ebay do not care about inappropriate messages.

ebay will tell you to ignore them.

Curious to what the item was.

As others have said, ignore it. He's just a p****

I've had similar, refunded on what turned out to be a fake from an overseas buyer. The seller just went away after they realised I wasn't getting drawn into their games.

barrad

​I was trying to but was going on ebay in circles for about on hour. A … ​I was trying to but was going on ebay in circles for about on hour. Apparently ebay do not care about inappropriate messages.

Yes you are correct. A buyer threatened me with extortion and Ebay completely ignored all contact from me to ask for their help/advice.

Original Poster

jayonline85

Curious to what the item was.

​We have a hairdresser business and using hair straightener treatment called Encanto. We always getting it directly from Encanto from usa but they were sold out. So we ordered from Poland as that was the only one available but bottles arrived unsealed and it was something different in the bottles.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the input. I will ignore the seller then and if ebay will ask me to post the item back i will be more than happy to return it.

barrad

i would return this item because it is completely useless to me but do … i would return this item because it is completely useless to me but do not want to handle it over to the courier kind of outsied ebay.

​I think paypal offers free turns up to a value of £15

brendanhickey

​I think paypal offers free turns up to a value of £15

Buyer has been refunded. He/she does not need to return the item.

Counterfeit items

If a buyer suspects that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we don't require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure the proper disposal of the item. In such instances, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and the seller reimburses us for the refund. The buyer may not sell the item on eBay or elsewhere.

--

Check with eBay whether you are expected to return the item, or if they agree with you that it's fake and it is yours to dispose of. Either way, just follow eBay's instructions, it's not your problem. How's he going to sue you from Poland, over something less than £100?

To be fair to the buyer (not taking their side!) they could have sold it in the belief that it was genuine, and be out of pocket from having bought it from their supplier. Without anything to return to them, they can't rectify the situation.
    If you've had a full refund from ebay, and don't have any use for the item, then it doesn't seem like too harsh a request from the seller to want it back to be able to check it out further at their end. If they're prepared to collect it then I would let them have it, but it would be a case of courier collection, not for the courier to inspect it and cause any trouble over it at point of collection!

Original Poster

panddda

To be fair to the buyer (not taking their side!) they could have sold it … To be fair to the buyer (not taking their side!) they could have sold it in the belief that it was genuine, and be out of pocket from having bought it from their supplier. Without anything to return to them, they can't rectify the situation.If you've had a full refund from ebay, and don't have any use for the item, then it doesn't seem like too harsh a request from the seller to want it back to be able to check it out further at their end. If they're prepared to collect it then I would let them have it, but it would be a case of courier collection, not for the courier to inspect it and cause any trouble over it at point of collection!

​Yeah i was thinking the same but at every point of the process seller is threatening me. I wanted to return this item and only asked him to cover the cost of return, and he refused. Now after the case is closed he send me an email saying that tomorrow courier will pick the parcel up and he will open it with the courier and if he do not like it (either used or damaged etc. ) he will take legal actions etc. Thats why i'm worried to handle the parcel to the courier ( if he show up) as ebay never instructed me to do so.

barrad

​Yeah i was thinking the same but at every point of the process seller is … ​Yeah i was thinking the same but at every point of the process seller is threatening me. I wanted to return this item and only asked him to cover the cost of return, and he refused. Now after the case is closed he send me an email saying that tomorrow courier will pick the parcel up and he will open it with the courier and if he do not like it (either used or damaged etc. ) he will take legal actions etc. Thats why i'm worried to handle the parcel to the courier ( if he show up) as ebay never instructed me to do so.

I'd send him an email making it clear that he's welcome to collect the goods, but you won't be present but you can arrange for someone to be there to hand over the goods (just pretend you're not you, and have some big blokes around just in case!), that your representative will not be any part of a courier opening and inspecting items, that a receipt will be required and that any legal action they wish to take is entirely up to them, because you have done nothing wrong, and are going beyond the action required by ebay, only returning the goods to them as a gesture of goodwill so that they can return them to their suppliers to find out why they were supplied with fakes.

panddda

To be fair to the buyer (not taking their side!) they could have sold it … To be fair to the buyer (not taking their side!) they could have sold it in the belief that it was genuine, and be out of pocket from having bought it from their supplier. Without anything to return to them, they can't rectify the situation.If you've had a full refund from ebay, and don't have any use for the item, then it doesn't seem like too harsh a request from the seller to want it back to be able to check it out further at their end. If they're prepared to collect it then I would let them have it, but it would be a case of courier collection, not for the courier to inspect it and cause any trouble over it at point of collection!

​it could also be the opposite asma he may well know they are fake and will scam another buyer with the returned products. If the seller honestly thought they were selling a genuine product they wouldn't be threatening they'd be apologetic and would ask for the buyer to return them so that they could take the matter up with the supplier. from the sounds of it the seller knows they're fake and are just upset they're out of pocket, should have just paid return postage if they were genuine.

Just block the guy in ebay now then he can't send you messages anymore

say you had the item confiscated by trading standards and will happily pass their return address so the counterfeit department of trading standards can return it when they do indeed confirm it is genuine
    and then drop some made up legalese
    pursuant to article 43, subsection 9 of the supply of goods (counterfeit) act of 2009, the crown and the purchaser have the right to inspect purchase records to ensure the integrity of the supply chain, and any company found supplying to the UK from within or abroad via the internet will have goods seized and added to the McCarthy Blacklist of Internet Fraudsters.
    (possibly quite easy to google that that's fake, however something similar works wonders in shops)

Report the fake goods to the company that makes the product and give them details about the seller. They may pursue the matter with Ebay to get the seller banned as sometimes what they will do is purchase some of the product themselves for testing purposes.

Betabet

Yes you are correct. A buyer threatened me with extortion and Ebay … Yes you are correct. A buyer threatened me with extortion and Ebay completely ignored all contact from me to ask for their help/advice.

I had a similar issue and I got in touch with eBay (via phone) and they were super helpful and stopped the sellers ability to message me.

It's maybe worth giving eBay another try,

Why don't you spun this on the seller - say you've felt like his threatening behaviour is bang out of order and no you won't be available tomorrow to have someone collect (because you don't have to sit around waiting for someone - it's called having a life ). You're happy for him to take legal action at his own cost and whilst he will do so, you get someone to run some tests on the product to see if it's genuine. Obvs you won't as this will cost you but also cntact fake Britain and watchdog on the matter too so more people's stop buying this stuff from ebay.

Not being funny but if I knew my hairdresser was buying stuff from auction sites I wouldn't be too happy. Surely there are other suppliers out there within the industry that could have supplied to your business.

It was only a few weeks ago they had a piece on watchdog about counterfeit shampoo from the major discounters (big name pound shops in particular) damaging people's scalp's - think it was head and shoulders. Not worth the risk as you could have been sued a lot more for damaging and hurting a customer had you not have noticed it was fake before using it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Chessington world of adventure11
      2. Bet365 Free In Play Bet £25 Chelsea Vs Tottenham24
      3. French polisher out to smooth the floor11
      4. Help O2 wont repair my sony experia xz67

See more discussions