eBay return query

Posted 25th AprEdited by:"Dopple"
An ebay seller sent me a faulty item.
I contacted him and he sent me PDF UPS label to post it back (it seems he has paid for a drop off return but not a collection), but he hasn't done anything on the eBay sale to show I am returning the item.
So I did that myself and now it's asking me to print off a Royal Mail label to return it.

I want to go through the correct procedure to get the refund, so which do I use?
Community Updates
Ask
2 Comments
Did you use the option to Return Item, or did you message him?

If you use the official returns you would go to Purchase History, and on the item click the button "Return This Item", it will then work officially... always, ALWAYS use the official method....
You do not have to use the label supplied by ebay - just change the shipping method on the ebay returns request to the UPS one and add the tracking.

If you can't change it - sometimes it won't change - then ring ebay and tell them the seller has provided an alternative label and give them the details, ask them to update the return with the new details.

There is no OFFICIAL label when you open a return, it's merely a label that ebay generate and charge the seller - most sellers prefer to use their own carrier as it's cheaper and they retain control should the item be lost.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions