Ebay returns/replacement

Posted 21st Jun 2020
Hi, I sold something on eBay and had a return request opened. I accepted the return and the buyer has used the prepaid label but the buyer would like a replacement. Is it ok to send a replacement or do I need to wait to get the item/ask the buyer to repurchase?
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Don't replace anything. Just accept the return then refund it, AFAIK as soon as the return is received eBay will give refund to buyer. If the buyer wants a replacement then ask them to repurchase.
jamie1521/06/2020 22:45

Don't replace anything. Just accept the return then refund it, AFAIK as …Don't replace anything. Just accept the return then refund it, AFAIK as soon as the return is received eBay will give refund to buyer. If the buyer wants a replacement then ask them to repurchase.

This.

Accept the return. Wait until you get it back & paypal has refunded & let them buy again through Ebay
jamie1521/06/2020 22:45

Don't replace anything. Just accept the return then refund it, AFAIK as …Don't replace anything. Just accept the return then refund it, AFAIK as soon as the return is received eBay will give refund to buyer. If the buyer wants a replacement then ask them to repurchase.

Thanks for the heads up. I thought they would make this awkward.
chance18921/06/2020 23:12

Thanks for the heads up. I thought they would make this awkward.

You are welcome Even if eBay don't automatically refund, all buyer needs to do is provide proof of return and they'll get refund, irrespective of whether a replacement has been provided.
Post a comment
@
    Text