eBay Revenge?

Found 2nd AugEdited by:"MrSprkle"
I bought a Pebble watch on eBay advertised as New, the watch arrived and the box is beaten, inside the watch is scuffed and marked, with only the charger cable which is just in a ball, no internal packaging, no documentation.

So I submitted a refund and left feedback to advise, and noticed it is not the first time this person has done this.

Now they messaged me and advised that they are like TKMaxx 'lol' with open box stock.

But they have now bought an item I was selling and have left me negative feedback, I cancelled the item and refunded them but some seller son eBay are just the worst, UK seller too.

Got to mess about with eBay CS to get it removed.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Wow, if the seller actually bought your item just to neg rep you that is extremely petty. Lucky ebay removed it. Obviously there are petty things you could do back but i would just leave it mate, be the bigger person.
most people would setup a gumtree in his area giving away a pc monitor or something and give there adress, get them annoyed
Be the bigger person and send them a nice free gift to help them out tena.co.uk/men…ple
15 Comments
Wow, if the seller actually bought your item just to neg rep you that is extremely petty. Lucky ebay removed it. Obviously there are petty things you could do back but i would just leave it mate, be the bigger person.
Sorry I can't help but that was a funny story
So you have the person's address? Imagine what you could sign him up to online...
eayragt7 m ago

So you have the person's address? Imagine what you could sign him up to …So you have the person's address? Imagine what you could sign him up to online...

But they have @MrSprkle's address too...
jamie01536 m ago

But they have @MrSprkle's address too...

Sure, but if he's regularly done screwed buyers and sellers before, as long as he leaves it a couple of weeks then he'll never be able to pinpoint who did it.

Waiting a couple of weeks also gives time to decide if it's the best course of action rationally!
you cant trust people these days so sad whats the world coming
Pretty sure this type of action is bullying. I'd check with ebay about this and get them.to remove the negative feedback.
most people would setup a gumtree in his area giving away a pc monitor or something and give there adress, get them annoyed
Some good ideas there guys I just returned his item as it was prepaid I stuffed it also full of old fruit I was about to throw away including a honeydew melon..
Edited by: "MrSprkle" 2nd Aug
Be the bigger person and send them a nice free gift to help them out tena.co.uk/men…ple
Tit for tat! Ebay will implode before long!
eayragt22 h, 46 m ago

Sure, but if he's regularly done screwed buyers and sellers before, as …Sure, but if he's regularly done screwed buyers and sellers before, as long as he leaves it a couple of weeks then he'll never be able to pinpoint who did it.Waiting a couple of weeks also gives time to decide if it's the best course of action rationally!

Good call. I play the long game. Never let anyone get away with bad behaviour. Just when they thought it was safe to go back in the waters so to speak. Ended up on someone's doorstop once with a group of mates, after someone attempted to screw me out of £400 for an XBOX bundle (back in the day before Paypal, when you used to send cheques). Turned out it was some lad, about 16. Absolutely crapped himself. But state of his parents, said it all really. Scum of the earth. But we got the money back without it going too far.

On this case in particular, you both have each other's addresses...so its a question of how far down the rabbit hole you want to go. What he has done to you already shows his vindictiveness and pettiness, so if you want to take it further, be prepared.
There are a lot of bad sellers and his feedback indicated he'd done it before, yet you still bought it?? Had you blocked him in your blocked buyer list then he wouldn't have been able to buy and leave the neg, also reported him via the 'report this seller link'. You should've also phoned Ebay and asked them to cancel his purchase and not just cancelled it yourself as you will now get a defect for non performing seller and damaged your own account. Make sure when getting the neg removed you ask that the defect is removed also. Leaving neg feedback before the refund is never a good idea and does nothing but antagonise sellers, make sure you follow the return process carefully, and are you 100% sure that the label they issued you was correctly addressed with tracking etc.? Keep all his messages in case they refuse to refund on return and Ebay have to step in, so don't get into any silly tit for tat arguments as Ebay will have access to all the messages, don't make any kind of threats etc. Not sure about your fruit comment, you are supposed to return the item 'as sent condition', if fruit gets on it then they can claim you have damaged it. You'll be lucky if you get a straight forward refund you'll probably have to escalate it. Your seller doesn't seem to be too up on Ebay law if he thought he could get away with the tit for tat neg, guessing they are newish members?
Polar129 m ago

There are a lot of bad sellers and his feedback indicated he'd done it …There are a lot of bad sellers and his feedback indicated he'd done it before, yet you still bought it?? Had you blocked him in your blocked buyer list then he wouldn't have been able to buy and leave the neg, also reported him via the 'report this seller link'. You should've also phoned Ebay and asked them to cancel his purchase and not just cancelled it yourself as you will now get a defect for non performing seller and damaged your own account. Make sure when getting the neg removed you ask that the defect is removed also. Leaving neg feedback before the refund is never a good idea and does nothing but antagonise sellers, make sure you follow the return process carefully, and are you 100% sure that the label they issued you was correctly addressed with tracking etc.? Keep all his messages in case they refuse to refund on return and Ebay have to step in, so don't get into any silly tit for tat arguments as Ebay will have access to all the messages, don't make any kind of threats etc. Not sure about your fruit comment, you are supposed to return the item 'as sent condition', if fruit gets on it then they can claim you have damaged it. You'll be lucky if you get a straight forward refund you'll probably have to escalate it. Your seller doesn't seem to be too up on Ebay law if he thought he could get away with the tit for tat neg, guessing they are newish members?

Its all sorted now, he tried to say I hadn't returned it but eBay found in my favour, he is just a scum bag.

I will order from sellers with 1 or 2 negative feedback, esp when they have above 95% positive, in my experience everyone gets some negative feedback from dodgy buyers too. they werent a new memeber a few hundred feedback
you can block people from buying from you, it's a shame that they acted that way. Just forget it as it's not worth the energy. Ebay should do something about the seller though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants